What the heck (hell) is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I think it might be an Nactus pelagicus

Yes I looked at that - but wasn't too sure - why the hell would there be one in brissie? you think it hitched a ride with you last time you came up here? Or are they found down your way?

Yes I looked at that - but wasn't too sure - why the hell would there be one in brissie? you think it hitched a ride with you last time you came up here? Or are they found down your way?

Doult it came back with me- I got droped off , the van dosen't even live @ my place:D . Have know Idear where it came from , never seen one before...

*twighlight zone music*

Maybe in your luggage? Though it took a while to rear it's head up - so maybe unlikely??? Must be a local!

*twighlight zone music*

Maybe in your luggage? Though it took a while to rear it's head up - so maybe unlikely??? Must be a local!

hahah why coulden't some baby crocks do the same thing , LOL

Not sure how everyone is saying Bynoes - for starters, it looks nothing like a bynoes, and although its hard to tell size wise, if the round thing on the verandah is the size I'm imagining, its WAY too huge for a bynoes.

The other thing is, considering bynoes can't climb glass and plastic enclosures (they can be kept in open fish tanks), I would think its highly unlikely it could get into a fishtank since they can't get out of one!

well it doesnt have pads so what ever it is its still unknown how it could get up there. It does look quite a bit like a bynoes, pattern is very variable, but its lacking the doral tubercles

Not sure how everyone is saying Bynoes - for starters, it looks nothing like a bynoes, and although its hard to tell size wise, if the round thing on the verandah is the size I'm imagining, its WAY too huge for a bynoes.

The other thing is, considering bynoes can't climb glass and plastic enclosures (they can be kept in open fish tanks), I would think its highly unlikely it could get into a fishtank since they can't get out of one!

Maaaaaaaaaaybe it climbed and jumped off a shelf and the fall into the tank killed it?! *shrug* :p

maybe it designed a pulley lift system to the shelf so it could do some BASE jumping and its shute didnt open.
*rolls eyes*

what ever it is i wouldnt mind a few haha
also like mentioned before geckodan would probably know

Heres a pic of a bynoes and the dead geck. - the tail and neck seem to be bigger and there is a lack or spines on the tail ( only the tip of the dead geckos tail is regernerated) and body.

I don't think I need to bother finding out how it ended up in the fishtank dead anyway... prob the same way all the excapeee crickets do?

yer I know the camer sucks rump , it just wont bloody focus!

Attachments

• DSCN0297.JPG
    DSCN0297.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back