What the hell.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious why the two day long head twitching was not brought up on the other fb page.

I'm starting to get the impression you only include some select info in your posts.

It was posted on FB and the OP didn't respond well to any of the suggestions made and claimed to know everything already. An admin chose to close the topic due to know it all attitude.

Ahh fair enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not one of the symptoms you describe indicates any possibility of RI - I've been keeping snakes for over 50 years and all I can say is that snakes in my care have often exhibited the things you describe, and none were ill in any way. If the snake is behaving as it always has done - especially feeding (one of the first indicators of RI is lack of appetite), you have nothing to worry about. I would say that you have become over-sensitive in your observation of the animal, and are simply noticing things that have been there before, but your increased surveillance is causing you anxiety.

Just relax and enjoy your animal. There are many commentators here who freely offer advice without the experience to back their advice up. If you take the animal to a vet, it will not exhibit the head twitching you describe in a stressful situation like that, and in the absence of obvious symptoms such as noisy, rasping breathing, frequent, long-lasting mouth gaping, or mucus collection in mouth or nostrils, the vet will be just send you home with a clean bill of health for the snake, but $60-$100 lighter in the pocket.

Unless you see any real indication of disease, you are wasting you time and money. I repeat, NOTHING you describe indicates abnormal health in your snake at this stage.

Jamie

Thanks for the reply, i went to local vet anyways, and he is fine. Thanks man appreciate that reply. Most peopleon here are honestly not worth talking to. Thanks for understanding and the vet check didnt cost a thing.

Also to everyone else, especially the people on fb. FB I did talk about the Twitching. Turns out, everything I WAS SAYING WAS RIGHT AND YOU GUYS WERE WRONG (people who told me it WAS A RI... I sunned responses because I knew half of them were not true, seems like I do know about my animals and I was right when i said its probably just my anxiety making me worry.

- - - Updated - - -

That "know it all attitude"turned out to be right thanks Lawra. He was okay and it was my anxiety, Jamie was spot on with his response. And as for me leaving out information, i tried to describe as much as possible, quite obvious with the amount i went on about everythin i was extremely concerned therefore when people are stressed info slips their mind. Getting the impression some of you guys are just know it alls also now. End of the story I asked for help, got responses, knew they were wrong or unlikely and said so. I'm such a bad person for knowing what the suggestions were NOT WRONG with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back