What to do, what to do

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clouded_mind

Not so new Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine sold a few Bluetongues to a long time friend and told them how to go about getting a licence. For a few weeks there all was good as the buyer was claiming to of applied but was still waiting on the paperwork. This was back in december and sounded reasonable at the time but then all contact ceased after approx 2 months of excuses and the friend can not be contacted now. We heard along the grapevine that a few lizards have died but the buyer now has a wild EWD, an unlicenced snake and a WC turtle and they have posted photos of online.

I have told my friend to call NPWS and tell them the truth but he is scared of losing his licence and animals. This has been going on between us via email for months and he is unsure whether to write them off as deceased or dob the friend in. I have directed him to this site and advised him that I would create this thread in the hope that you guys can urge him into doing the right thing.

Hmm tough call, but it was a mistake to sell to someone who is unlicensed in the first place. I would report it if he has other animals in his care that are wild caught and still no license.

He could write his off as dead and dob this other guy in anonymously (or however you spell it :S)

Eitak good idea. Mind u I breached the 6 month rule, rung up dse and told em n they just sed thanks for letting us know make sure it's jotted down in both ur books, so I think they r more concerned bout honesty and details being updated

Dont be affraid of the NPWS, they are generally pretty understanding about that type of thing ,most of the time. They have bigger fish to fry then worry about a couple of blueies...but you friend is Technically in the wrong.

A friend of mine sold a few Bluetongues to a long time friend and told them how to go about getting a licence. For a few weeks there all was good as the buyer was claiming to of applied but was still waiting on the paperwork. This was back in december and sounded reasonable at the time but then all contact ceased after approx 2 months of excuses and the friend can not be contacted now. We heard along the grapevine that a few lizards have died but the buyer now has a wild EWD, an unlicenced snake and a WC turtle and they have posted photos of online.

I have told my friend to call NPWS and tell them the truth but he is scared of losing his licence and animals. This has been going on between us via email for months and he is unsure whether to write them off as deceased or dob the friend in. I have directed him to this site and advised him that I would create this thread in the hope that you guys can urge him into doing the right thing.
i dont know what state your in , but do u need a license in your state to keep blueys ?

I would call the authorities in your state to dob the guy in. Having animals off licence is one thing, but going out and taking wild
animals is another (especially as you have heard some have perished).

Dob him in anonymously if concerned about the repercussions, and consider it a lesson well-learned.

My friend has dobbed the person in and sent DECC the photos that were posted online.
He was silly enough not to admit that he actually sold them the lizards though, which I think is going to bite him on the behind now. He should have just been completely honest and admitted everything IMO. I know he regrets trying to do his friend that he trusted a favour and he should have explained that to DECC when making the report. I hope he learns from this mistake anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back