What to do with a scorpion?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepeasy

Reaction score
So I found a scorpion in my bedroom tonight and am not sure what to do with it?
It's black and pretty tiny. I've been watching too much Bear Grylls and remember that the smaller the scorpion the worse it is... Although I'm not sure that applies in Australia? At the moment it's trapped inside an old protein shaker. I'm not one for destroying an animal if it's not necessary, but if it's dangerous I don't really want to release it outside for it to come back in again and be found my my 6 month old.
Advice?

Where there is one there are bound to be more(outside, dont panic lol), perhaps you could take it to a Parks and wildlife office on the morrow? I understand thatyou are concerned about your Bub :)

Let it go on your yard or in bushland nearby if you're really concerned. They mainly live under logs/bark/rocks/leaf litter anyway and wander around after dark
Your scorpion sounds like it would either be a lychas marmerous or cercephonius squama, two smaller species that are known to wander around into houses
Their stings are not too deadly, but with any venom, severe reactions can occur

Aussie scorpions are fine. Some can give abit of a sting(flinders range) but none are overly dangerous ;) worst it could cause is abit of pain or reaction(more like a bee sting) but I highly doubt it will kill you or make you sick.

Id id be tempted to keep it!(I want one so much) but if I were you I'd just release it away from your house

Considering I live in bushland, there are probably hundreds more around that I've never seen! I'll take it down by the dam tomorrow on my way out.
I guess I'll have to stick with the education route with bub, best to teach them about he dangerous animals rather that destroy them all - and that goes for snakes too! Plenty of those here so I shouldn't be I surprised there are scorpions too :D

Hmmm I know to most adults etc the sting wouldnt be too dangerous, I guess they are worried about the Bub more than anything.... who knows what adverse allergic reaction may occur to one so small? Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back