What to do with Hatchling pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herpetology

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if after my eggs hatch, if I put them into a seperate tub together? Or just put them straight into their single tubs when they’re completely out of egg

Seen different methods haha

I put the early hatchers together in a tub in my incubator briefly till they all hatch and I sort them out into their individual tubs but be careful because they will pile on top of each other and if there is a lot it could cause breathing problems for the ones on the bottom which is why I get them out of the incubation tub asap. Mine generally all hatch in a few hours so it is not for long. In the wild they all disperse immediately after hatching to avoid predators.

I put mine straight into their individual tubs they are only 3 weeks old and ten from fifteen have already had their first feed I was going to leave them together in a large tub for a while but too hard to keep proper track of them

I put mine straight into their individual tubs they are only 3 weeks old and ten from fifteen have already had their first feed I was going to leave them together in a large tub for a while but too hard to keep proper track of them

I was also wondering how I’d keep track of which ones shed and which haven’t
[doublepost=1581035256,1581035214][/doublepost]
I put the early hatchers together in a tub in my incubator briefly till they all hatch and I sort them out into their individual tubs but be careful because they will pile on top of each other and if there is a lot it could cause breathing problems for the ones on the bottom which is why I get them out of the incubation tub asap. Mine generally all hatch in a few hours so it is not for long. In the wild they all disperse immediately after hatching to avoid predators.

Makes sense, thanks :)

Latest posts

Back