What type of gecko is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile_lover83

Reaction score
Hi All

Being a python and beardie owner, I'm not up to scratch on types of gecko's. My friend has a gecko that he is looking to sell but doesn't know what type it is. Can anyone identify this guy for me please?

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 87
  • josh gecko.jpg
    josh gecko.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 97
Yeah, their common name is Thick-tailed Gecko (Underwoodisaurus milii) but they are also referred to as a barking gecko

Is this specimen wild caught (poached)? Your friend should know what it is as he/she would have had to record it when it was purchased...

Hi Sam

As my friend isn't licensed, then I believe he did get it from the wild. That being said, he's had it for a couple of years and hand raised it as it was tiny when he got it. I can promise you this - I've lectured him about getting a license and NOT taking things out of the wild!

I already told you this was a Thicktail when you asked me a few days ago?
Not sure why you would start a whole thread to ask the same question, only to get the same answer?

Not to mention you just admitted it was wild caught so when some keyboard warrior find this thread they are going to start raging?

Personally I just think it's silly that if you know it's probably wild caught and think that's wrong you're helping him sell it? I mean it's not like I say you should be dobbing him in but helping him sell it is pretty different.

How does your friend intend to sell it when he doesn't have a license for it?

* Keyboard Warrior to the RESCUE* - failed on landed...... think i broke my space pushing thumb......

Kelly I didn't see your response which is why I posted this! Far out, how about everyone has a go at me for asking a simple question.

I'm not encouraging anyone to take things out of the wild and I certainly don't think it's a good idea. I've told him to get his license and purchase things legally.

I wont bother asking a simple question any more. I don't wish to get my head ripped off nor do I need to defend myself! I do the right thing and everything I own is on a license. I cant do anything more than that

give her a break people.
It is not her gecko. As she said everything she has is on a license.

Yeah figured it would be a poached animal.. You shouldn't be helping him sell it, and don't say you're not because you have created an album in your profile stating otherwise...

attachment.php

attachment.php

You're a twit. I said that I'm not encouraging him to get animals from the wild. I know very well what I've posted.

Do you think it a great idea then that he kills it because he doesn't want it anymore? Or how about if he just lets it go into the wild when it has never fended for itself? You seem to have the answers for everything so surely you can answer this.

As it is, the animal was freakin "poached". The gecko originally belonged to someone who has a license. She gave it to my mate as she didn't want it anymore. She didn't care that he wasn't licensed. He no longer has contact with her so has no way to even find out her license details.

I knew that he got it young but as it turns out, it wasn't from the wild and I'd rather see it go to a good home than be killed by being put into the wild.

Not sure about the other states but here we are allowed one reptile without a license. DENR here are really good. Just ring up and tell them you know someone who has a reptile and its not on license( because they dont have one) and you would like to buy the animal and put it on yours. most the time all you need is their car license number. however being wild caught is illegal so maybe its your disgression weather you lie or not. if its been years i agree with you that it wouldnt survive in the wild. sometimes a white lie is for the better?? up to you.

p.s. dont let the haters get you down, there is heaps of people on aps who love to have a go at people because they know the laws and rules. very few people feel they need to be polite and have manners because people cannot cop a smack across the side of the head through a screen. lol not that i would ever condone violence..

lol @ calling me a twit.. Not trying to be a "hater" (everyone is so sensitive these days, especially on this website..) just pointing out that you shouldn't be helping someone (friend or not) sell a poached animal that is also off licence.

Your last post is pretty confusing. First you say it is poached, then you say it was given to your friend by someone else who he can no longer get in contact with to get their licence details yet your friend doesn't have a licence any way? Did I get that right..?

Regardless of how you and/or your friend feel about this gecko, it is a wild caught animal and is being kept illegally. As someone suggested above, surrender the animal and it will be dealt with accordingly. If it is released then dies because it "cannot fend for itself" then your friend has no one else to blame but himself for taking it into his care in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back