Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All i was stating is the diversity of mutations and morphs will be getting larger as more are proven out......i was not stating that the mode of inheritance is yet known, just that the future is bright and no doubt we'll see these and many more being produced......
When you research about piebaldism appearing for the first time on animals it is only in small patches on the lower extremeties until inbreeding has taken place to increase the percentage of this phenotype.......seeing as though there are 4 possible pieds that have been produced from 4 different sire's and dam's.....i'd expect that it should be disproven or proven by 2013/2014 if simple recessive.........but seeing as though they have been produced from Paradox albino's......it could be a multi combinational mode of inheritance, a reverse paradox or something else, so it could take more time.
Also, the rp and striped......although they are being produced in small numbers, the majority are only partial striped or RP as i still don't see other's with fully RP or fully Striped specimens being produced yet and would argue that not even 5 different keepers could post up 1 picture each of different fully striped or fully rp darwins they have in their possession even from last season let alone since 2000 when Blondie first produced F1's......and i was only referring to het's and albino darwins.

I know nothing about the caramel, ghost, axanthic projects being undertaken........just pointing out that these will surely be big hit's once they are produced, i assume they are not proven otherwise we'd of seen them released.

There are dozens of awesome projects being developed right across the country and not just with pythons!
We are so lucky to have such diversity and be alive to work with and enjoy the ones we are most interested in.......Look at the earlier Herp. pioneers who are no longer with us.......Respectfully, i bet they are turning in their graves at the diversity we have these days and how consistently we can breed and produce them.....We have come ALONG way in this hobby which the majority just do not understand or appreciate what it was like and undoubtedly there is far to go with any captive breeding if given the dedication, time and money that is required to develope them.

All i was stating is the diversity of mutations and morphs will be getting larger as more are proven out......i was not stating that the mode of inheritance is yet known, just that the future is bright and no doubt we'll see these and many more being produced......
When you research about piebaldism appearing for the first time on animals it is only in small patches on the lower extremeties until inbreeding has taken place to increase the percentage of this phenotype.......seeing as though there are 4 possible pieds that have been produced from 4 different sire's and dam's.....i'd expect that it should be disproven or proven by 2013/2014 if simple recessive.........but seeing as though they have been produced from Paradox albino's......it could be a multi combinational mode of inheritance, a reverse paradox or something else, so it could take more time.
Also, the rp and striped......although they are being produced in small numbers, the majority are only partial striped or RP as i still don't see other's with fully RP or fully Striped specimens being produced yet and would argue that not even 5 different keepers could post up 1 picture each of different fully striped or fully rp darwins they have in their possession even from last season let alone since 2000 when Blondie first produced F1's......and i was only referring to het's and albino darwins.

I know nothing about the caramel, ghost, axanthic projects being undertaken........just pointing out that these will surely be big hit's once they are produced, i assume they are not proven otherwise we'd of seen them released.

There are dozens of awesome projects being developed right across the country and not just with pythons!
We are so lucky to have such diversity and be alive to work with and enjoy the ones we are most interested in.......Look at the earlier Herp. pioneers who are no longer with us.......Respectfully, i bet they are turning in their graves at the diversity we have these days and how consistently we can breed and produce them.....We have come ALONG way in this hobby which the majority just do not understand or appreciate what it was like and undoubtedly there is far to go with any captive breeding if given the dedication, time and money that is required to develope them.

thanks mick just for the record i wasnt trying to disprove any morph you are working on, just asking more questions thanks for the reply

Pieds. When they start popping up it'll open up a whole new world.
I do like the current lull in prices. It feels like those who were into it for the money are off chasing something else. People keeping what they love makes it much more interesting.

They are here just needing some to be released to the public.

Interesting prediction there, Chris considering the most recent big SR announcement :)

SR are just the mob who forked out the dollars to buy the pieds.

The real credit goes to the guy in Penrith who first produced them.

SR should have a good coming season, the three pied stims will be 18months old now.

Pieds. When they start popping up it'll open up a whole new world.
I do like the current lull in prices. It feels like those who were into it for the money are off chasing something else. People keeping what they love makes it much more interesting.

pieds...you have to breed them first...

- - - Updated - - -

SR are just the mob who forked out the dollars to buy the pieds.

The real credit goes to the guy in Penrith who first produced them.

SR should have a good coming season, the three pied stims will be 18months old now.

yeah producing more will be the challenge.....

SR aren't the only breeders with pieds. Will be interesting to see if they release a whole heap of het before proving it out like the albinos...

Personally I love pure wild-type animals, exotic morphs don't really interest me, and I often find it uncomfortable hearing from breeders who seem to be turning over clutches and clutches of animals in the hopes of uncovering a desirable genetic mutation. Might be a little off topic, but it always makes me wonder what happens to the rest of the animals not exhibiting the desired traits, or the unlucky ones who look especially undesirable. I feel like new mutations and morphs can be bad for the hobby in general if people get too carried away with it and are chasing big dollars for rarities

Personally I love pure wild-type animals, exotic morphs don't really interest me, and I often find it uncomfortable hearing from breeders who seem to be turning over clutches and clutches of animals in the hopes of uncovering a desirable genetic mutation. Might be a little off topic, but it always makes me wonder what happens to the rest of the animals not exhibiting the desired traits, or the unlucky ones who look especially undesirable. I feel like new mutations and morphs can be bad for the hobby in general if people get too carried away with it and are chasing big dollars for rarities

I like pure wild type animals too like albino olive and Darwin's both found naturally in the wild, not to mention the pied children's python found in the wild as well. IMHO all the best looking snakes have come from pure wild type animals found in the wild

Dragons like these BloodBankDragons | Photo Gallery for the prices that they sell them for, but in Australia! I'd be stoked.
that would be sensational. I would like a couple of nice hypos and Trans and a Leatherback bet not willing to fork out the extraordinary price put on them.
one guy in OZ is charging 3000 clams for a trans leatherback

Anthony
aka White Shadow

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I don't want any of those dragons for the sake of having something "unusual", I just want one because they look absolutely spectacular, so I think I'll wait until they come down in price, which they are doing significantly each year. Last year or the year before, a few clutches of leatherbacks were sold and now they're not unusual at all really. Hypos are even being sold for $400 to $500 now, when two years ago I saw them for sale for $1500. Now that some trans and leatherbacks have made it onto the market, they'll be pretty cheap soon too.

Agree 100%. Well said.

I can appreciate the beauty of uncommon genes but I don't like how they can inspire unethical choices within animal hobbies.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I don't want any of those dragons for the sake of having something "unusual", I just want one because they look absolutely spectacular, so I think I'll wait until they come down in price, which they are doing significantly each year. Last year or the year before, a few clutches of leatherbacks were sold and now they're not unusual at all really. Hypos are even being sold for $400 to $500 now, when two years ago I saw them for sale for $1500. Now that some trans and leatherbacks have made it onto the market, they'll be pretty cheap soon too.

Given that beardies can have a clutch of up to 20 eggs, and can have couple of clutches in a season, combine that with the leatherback being inherited in an incomplete dominance, they will be reproduced very quickly.
Supply vs Demand

If you really want to get some money back on your investments, then recessive traits are the ones that are going to hold the value for longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back