What will I do now.....?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beard

Reaction score
Floating about at home and I just heard on the news (wafting through the house from the telly) that a doctor somewhere wants an international ban smacking children (again).

What ever will I do though.

How can I, as a father and a 195cm, 95kg male assert my authoritah over my 4 year old 18kg daughter if I can't smack her.

I'm filing this one with the idiocy of Elephants in Aust......

There is already a ban on smacking the babies we gave birth to.......How do u think i feel? My 9y.o old is almost bigger then me....... & the naughty corner isnt working anymore! :lol:

Its worse that they teach our kids at school that smacking isnt aloud though......now my 6y.o does something wrong & then as he is running away from me says 'you are not aloud to smack me'.......my reply 'if docs want to take u away cause i give u a smack on the butt, i will let them, id like to see how they get him to listen!!

I don't understand what's so bad about it, I turned out fine......for the most part

I don't understand what's so bad about it, I turned out fine......for the most part

Me 2! There isnt anything wrong with giving them a smack on the butt.......there is a HUGE difference between smacking & bashing......someone just isnt understanding that!! They are also not understanding that their stupid laws are to blame for these 14y.o criminals that we now have large numbers of!!

There is already a ban on smacking the babies we gave birth to.......How do u think i feel? My 9y.o old is almost bigger then me....... & the naughty corner isnt working anymore! :lol:

Its worse that they teach our kids at school that smacking isnt aloud though......now my 6y.o does something wrong & then as he is running away from me says 'you are not aloud to smack me'.......my reply 'if docs want to take u away cause i give u a smack on the butt, i will let them, id like to see how they get him to listen!!

No i'm pretty sure it is legal to smack your own children in most Aussie states and territories.

Its because for some parents there is no line between smacking and hitting, but for some parents its also acceptable to have a house full of people 24/7, get off your face and pass out on the floor and let the kids fend for themselves.

Some people though should be sterilised.

No i'm pretty sure it is legal to smack your own children in most Aussie states and territories.

No it isnt. They started teaching this in schools here when my daughter started yr 1! A few yrs ago i had 'visits' from docs when i was with my abusive ex, & each & everytime, they asked my daughter who was 4 at the time, how she is disciplined & if she is ever smacked. I also have a friend who when going to get her son from school was greeted by children services at the class room because her son told the teacher his mum smacked him for fighting with his brother. It may not be concrete law yet, but they are & do make visits for simple reports such as these.

No it isnt. They started teaching this in schools here when my daughter started yr 1! A few yrs ago i had 'visits' from docs when i was with my abusive ex, & each & everytime, they asked my daughter who was 4 at the time, how she is disciplined & if she is ever smacked. I also have a friend who when going to get her son from school was greeted by children services at the class room because her son told the teacher his mum smacked him for fighting with his brother. It may not be concrete law yet, but they are & do make visits for simple reports such as these.

Holy Moley, I've lost all hope for this world

Ok, not saying that DOCS won't investigate where a complaint has been made. But this Commonwealth Gov website says pretty clearly what the child, parent and schools legal rights are in regard to corporal punishment.

The Criminal Code Act 1899 (Qld) states that:
it is lawful for a parent or a person in the place of a parent ... to use, by way of correction, discipline, management or control, towards a child or pupil, under the person's care, such force that is reasonable under the circumstances.
It therefore remains lawful for a parent to physically punish/correct their child.

Corporal punishment: Key issues - Resource Sheet - National Child Protection Clearinghouse 3 Jan 2012

Knowing what i know about some mainstream school teachers, trying to push their own values onto the families of their students, it doesn't suprise me that some parents are reported to child welfare services for giving their kids a smack.

Some people though should be sterilised.

Nah...........should be made sterile when born . then apply for a permit to breed only after they can prove they can feed, clothe, educate and control their offspring.

:):):)

Cool, thanks for that bit of info......this will be my son's bedtime story tonight!!
The date, 1899, though is just classic.......just like the rest of our legal system, it needs to be reviewed, we are now in the 21st century, & things have changed drastically from the time most laws were made anyway!

Last edited:
we are now in the 20th century, & things have changed drastically from the time most laws were made anyway!

Are you sure about that, In NSW, Taxi's are still 'legally required' to have a bale of hay in the boot :)

It is the 21st century.. Even in Queensland. Don't blame teachers. It is not their job to raise your kids. A child learns his/her base values long before stepping into a classroom.

Think thats Qld time

:lol: I agree, since moving up here, i think i am slipping a bit upstairs!! But in my defense, 1 & 0 are so close to each other on the keyboard, making it quite easy for a slip up!! :p

It is the 21st century.. Even in Queensland. Don't blame teachers. It is not their job to raise your kids. A child learns his/her base values long before stepping into a classroom.

Who was blaming teachers?? I must have missed that part :?

:lol: I agree, since moving up here, i think i am slipping a bit upstairs!! But in my defense, 1 & 0 are so close to each other on the keyboard, making it quite easy for a slip up!! :p

Who was blaming teachers?? I must have missed that part :?

Yup and th and st are close together on the keyboard as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back