What wood to use/not use for tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ron,
Ive read through it and these would be the two main points of concern
"Exposure:
Eye: Due to product form and nature of use, the potential for exposure is reduced. Product may only present a hazard if dust is generated. Contact may result in mechanical irritation.
Inhalation: Exposure considered unlikely. An inhalation hazard is not anticipated unless cut, drilled or sanded with dust generation, which may result in irritation of the nose and throat. If heated, over exposure to fumes may result in irritation of the nose and throat, with nausea and headache. Formaldehyde is classified as a confirmed human carcinogen (IARC Group 1) and respiratory sensitiser. Repeated chronic exposure to uncontrolled wood dust increases the risk of nasal cavity cancer and lung fibrosis (scarring). "

Use common sense and use eye protection and a suitable mask, seal it well and be mindful that it can produce toxic fumes when heated.

Thanks Ron,
Ive read through it and these would be the two main points of concern
"Exposure:
Eye: Due to product form and nature of use, the potential for exposure is reduced. Product may only present a hazard if dust is generated. Contact may result in mechanical irritation.
Inhalation: Exposure considered unlikely. An inhalation hazard is not anticipated unless cut, drilled or sanded with dust generation, which may result in irritation of the nose and throat. If heated, over exposure to fumes may result in irritation of the nose and throat, with nausea and headache. Formaldehyde is classified as a confirmed human carcinogen (IARC Group 1) and respiratory sensitiser. Repeated chronic exposure to uncontrolled wood dust increases the risk of nasal cavity cancer and lung fibrosis (scarring). "

Use common sense and use eye protection and a suitable mask, seal it well and be mindful that it can produce toxic fumes when heated.

Hey there, since u know a bit about tanks an stuff.can u give me ur thoughts. I'm thinking about building a tank now for a 2nd snake.(picked up my little hatchie a couple days ago, so thr was no rush to do the styrofoam walls since its going b living in a click clack).ur thoughts on vents.... well actually placement of vents.have looked around and also on here an seen a few different ideas,(vents high an low on the cool end only,vents high on hot end,low on cool end,then also low on hot end a high on cool end lol,back wall only for vents,sides only for vents and every1 swears thr way is the right way, the tank will only be small as i will prob go for another spotted or sumthing so maybe around size of a 2foot fish tank like the 1 I converted.i had thought about 2or 3 of those little round vents down low at the cool end an then 2 or 3 up high at the warm end.then I read all this other conflicting stuff.so now asking on ur thoughts, cheers

Didnt want to start another, thought ild just ask u on the existing thread lol if I start another I'm bound to get 50 different answers lol.my fish tank I converted had a good stable heat at 1 end an cooler at the other.just thought ild build 1

- - - Updated - - -

You've kind of hijacked your own thread LOL first it was what wood, now it's turned into vents :) this might help you out and there are another couple I'll see if I can track down for you

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/diy-zone-5392/airflow-problems-new-enclosure-197245/[

Yea had a read.actually read it a few days ago.interesting what diff people do and how they set up thr tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back