what you think of me work?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCam

Reaction score
had my spider die yesterday and decided id hav a little fun with it so i decided to freeze it in a possition...and this is how it turned out. not the best work but meh

Attachments

• 100_2878.jpg
    100_2878.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 100_2879.jpg
    100_2879.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_2880.jpg
    100_2880.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 258
  • 100_2881.jpg
    100_2881.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_2882.jpg
    100_2882.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 240
Why not set it out properly and mount it in a frame. I have done 100's, it's not that hard.

Yea nice work mate looks good! Thats one massive spider by the way lol. What type is it?

Why not set it out properly and mount it in a frame. I have done 100's, it's not that hard.
perhaps u like to share some expertise? some pics?

Do u no what it died from? like old age or sumthing
nah mate just up n died... was eating and i was misting its cage to give high humidity so yer got no idea wot happend.

You need to cut open the abdomen (underneath of course), scoop out the contents and stuff it with cotton wool until you have the shape you want. Then pin it out on a board with the legs extended. Leave it somewhere to dry out which can take a few weeks, keep it away from bugs and anything that may eat it. Once it has dried out just stick it on a piece of whiteboard and put it in a frame.

perhaps u like to share some expertise? some pics?

You need to cut open the abdomen (underneath of course), scoop out the contents and stuff it with cotton wool until you have the shape you want. Then pin it out on a board with the legs extended. Leave it somewhere to dry out which can take a few weeks, keep it away from bugs and anything that may eat it. Once it has dried out just stick it on a piece of whiteboard and put it in a frame.
kool. thnx!

i just recently lost mt bird eating spider to and have no idea why it wouldn't be the cold would it? i honestly didn't think so but reading this now i am not sure. nice job freezing though i asked my partners sister if she wanted to preserve mine but she said no so mine sadly got bagged and binned.

was the spider a male have read the males dont last long after maturity is reached can you post pics of his enclosure so we can work out how he died ,love a good mystery:)

It kinda looks like a female to me... But I'm not a 100% sure, so dont quote me on that... Its a bit hard to tell on the angles the photos were taken...

Could you put wire in the legs and set it to a rearing/strikeing pose?

I think i'd have to take it to work and leave it in the lunch fridge, maybe on a piece of fishing line so when the door was opened it "jumped" out at people. That would relieve the boredom for a while LOL

Thats a beautiful tarantula you got there, such a shame he died.
Yes he is definately a male, you can tell because his palps are enlarged, and yes males do no live as long as females, or grow to be as big. Females can live up to 20years, but males 10 years (or 15, im not sure). He may have died from old age as he looks pretty big, but they always look bigger in the pics. How big was he? The cold is also a possibility but that depends on whether it burrowed or not. Australian Birdeaters live comfortably at 30 degrees celcius, although can survive in colder temperatures and around 80% humidity, although that can vary between arid and rainforest species.
I have 2 female tarantulas, 14cms and 7cms. Ill be very upset when I loose them. sorry for your lose mate, he was a stunner.

Another idea if you wish to preserve it...you could encase it in clear resin. I'm not sure about preparing it but I would say it would be the same as someone else said earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back