Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW sounds mad razza, escept link didnt work :(

link worked. Wow. first i must say, i want a rhino viper and some collards and an anaconda please. and in protest because theyre hard to find..id like a d'alberts.

Now, do you think theres any opportunity for the overseas market to get new blood into the australian reptiles over there? its needed. has anyone heard of this happening other than through the zoos?
em.

Bloody hell - I just love the thought of someone in Australia getting bitten by a Rhino Viper in a remote area where someones taken one who shouldn't have, then trying to get their hands on some serum.

If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't find a single case of a feral Rhino Viper biting anyone in the US where they have been legal many, many years. Find me a documented case and I'll buy you a case of beer next time you're in my hood. :wink:

You're on :) (as long as it's not Pabst or Bud). Even in captivity though is a risk IMO. Bearing in mind of course that every time I'm at at the Reptile park I weigh up my chances of getting away with pinching theirs :)

bloody hell i just love the idea of someone in the states being in a remote place and bitten by a king brown....hahaha just jokin. ::flexes muscles:: I think we can handle a rhino...heh. we wouldnt do something so silly, because we know about hots... a bit. come to think of it i read that we have 140 species of land snake and 100 species are venomous ::flexes again:: we're good.

on the topic of imports. an indian star tortoise would be okay too.

em

now ya talkin EM, bring on the land totises........I want! :D

earthmother said:
Now, do you think theres any opportunity for the overseas market to get new blood into the australian reptiles over there? its needed. has anyone heard of this happening other than through the zoos?
em.

um yeah, it's called smuggling and drug smugglers tend to do a lot of it for extra cash, thats how most of them got there in the first place. How would I know??

SS

BrainDamage said:
yeah, it's called smuggling and drug smugglers tend to do a lot of it for extra cash, thats how most of them got there in the first place. How would I know??

Cool. How about's hooking me up with a phone number, eh? I want to start my own line of olives. Oh yeah, and I want to take all your rough-scaled pythons for us over here. Screw you guys. You have enough cool snakes. I have lots of drugs I'm willing to trade. :twisted:

mr damage i was asking in general....tsk. not just you. i meant ....legally! i think they do need new blood for the reptiles sake. but just wondering. em

I'm rather confused at this point. I'm a Canadian looking to move over to Australia in the next few years. Does this mean there is the potential to have some of my snakes imported? I didn't fully graps all the finer points to the documents as I'm not sure on how your government branches work, so this maybe a stupid question. But that's okay I'm willing to look stupid- I live on the other side of the world.

:D IMPORT's!! :D
its about time someone did something to give move choice to australian reptile keepers. our species are great, but for most people like me who can't see themsleves owning venomous snakes there insn't much variety from australias 15 python species.

did you guys know that in america they have created albino australian pythons while there have only ever been 2 recorded albino pythons in australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back