Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcysmum

Reaction score
:D Hi can someone tell me what would make the best lizard for a pet for my young son. It will be our first reptile and i am new at all of this so i have no idea. HELP PLEASE:D

id say a eastern bluey :) Great pets, very hardy and adaptable and easy to care for, awesome lil critters :D

Yeah I'd say a bluey. I had 2 and they lived outside (as they occur naturally around here anyway) easy to feed and handle. My kids loved them.

Central bearded dragon. :)

Last edited:
I got my 7 year old a bluey first. Within a week we had another.... 3 weeks later 2 central beardies. Either make great pets and are alot of fun. Good luck with whatever you choose

Well it looks like its narrowed down to bluey or dragon. Get a couple of both!

blueys are not as active as dragons. I could sit next to my dragons tanks for hrs just to watch their habits. Very active and alert animals and very nosy.

i dont have any lizards but i would say beardie because no offence to bluey lovers they just seem like a boring pet

I'd say a bluey, look at all the posts made by those new to the hobby begging for help and asking "my dragons not moving is it sick"? comments. Central Beardiees are a great animal but not something i'd recommend first up.

I'd go a bluey but if you're after something with a little more character and a bit more hardy i would go a Ridge Tailed Monitor.

I must confess b4 I got another snake I was looking into getting a beardie rather than blueys again for the same reason hornet said. But I ended up with another python anyway.

Definately a central beardy, they are one of the few reptiles that doesnt seem to be bothered by being handled. Very easy to look after too.

I agree with Simone.

Beardies are great but husbandry mistakes are common with new keepers, and baby beardies aren't all that forgiving. A bluey would probably be a little more robust for a first-time reptile owner.

I'd say a bluey, look at all the posts made by those new to the hobby begging for help and asking "my dragons not moving is it sick"? comments. Central Beardiees are a great animal but not something i'd recommend first up.

I'd go a bluey but if you're after something with a little more character and a bit more hardy i would go a Ridge Tailed Monitor.

Agree with the above..

Blueys are bloody tuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back