Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

najanaja

Reaction score
Ive had a mini holiday the last week so ive done a few bush walks in the local areas...

First walk was in the Coombabah wet lands,
Second was Natural Bridge in the Springwood National Park
Third was Tamborine National Park...

In all 3 places i found Keelbacks (Freshwater snakes) and Marsh snakes(black bellied swamp snakes)
In 2 of the sites i found a carpet Python and Red Bellied Blacks
And like always i found a couple of Yellow Faced Whip Snakes..

As for lizards i found Water Dragons at all 3 places,
In 2 places i found Multiple Eastern Bearded Dragons
And and always i found a Blue Tongue and a couple of Lace Monitors..

It just got me thinking that these are the reptiles i always find in my area,
Usually there is a Small Eyed Snake and occasional White Crown in the mix..

Just seeing where everyone else lives and what they are lucky to find constantly in there areas?

I find Blueys, shinglebacks and various skinks and geckos all the time. I even find Beardies from time to time.

Nothing really exciting here (maybe coz I am so used to seeing them?) but we have Eastern and Lowland Blotchies, the odd shingleback, Tigers, Copperheads, White Lipped Snakes, Eastern Browns, Water Skinks, Red Bellied Blacks etc.
No Dragons or pythons around here.... :(
We get lots of Echidnas here though, which I love.

Eastern Water Skinks and others of the same family
Eastern Striped Skinks
Marsh Snakes
Red Belly's
Keelbacks
Tree Snakes
Lace Monitors
Blue Tongues
Bearded Dragons
Water Dragons
White Crowns
Yellow Faced Whip Snakes
I know there's a few blind snakes around althought I never found one
Brown Snakes around
Green Tree Frogs
Dainty Tree Frogs
Red Eye Green Tree Frogs
Marsh Frogs
Barred Frogs
Coastal Carpets
That's all in the Redlands.

i have green-tree snakes,diamond pythons,swamp snakes,yellowface whips,redbelly blacks,golden crowned snakes,dwarf crowned snakes,lace monitors,water dragons,jacky dragons,landmullets,bluetongues,scaleyfoots and burtons legless lizards,water skinks,striped skinks and grass skinks and she-oak skinks

i get browns, red bellied black snakes, bearded dragons, tiger snakes, eastern carpets, lots of frogs, bandy bandys, shingle backs, blue tongues, alot of other skinks, mountian dragons, big lace monitors, death adders and thaats all i can think off

Eastern Water Skinks and others of the same family
Eastern Striped Skinks
Marsh Snakes
Red Belly's
Keelbacks
Tree Snakes
Lace Monitors
Blue Tongues
Bearded Dragons
Water Dragons
White Crowns
Yellow Faced Whip Snakes
I know there's a few blind snakes around althought I never found one
Brown Snakes around
Green Tree Frogs
Dainty Tree Frogs
Red Eye Green Tree Frogs
Marsh Frogs
Barred Frogs
Coastal Carpets
That's all in the Redlands.

your list is like mine because were close in proximity.. i did forget to add GTS in my list...

Nothing really exciting here (maybe coz I am so used to seeing them?) but we have Eastern and Lowland Blotchies, the odd shingleback, Tigers, Copperheads, White Lipped Snakes, Eastern Browns, Water Skinks, Red Bellied Blacks etc.
No Dragons or pythons around here.... :(
We get lots of Echidnas here though, which I love.

thats the idea of the thread,,,

what is so normal and boring for some,,, is a dream list for others and vica versa

Exactly I would be ecstatic to find a Copperhead in the wild.

Forgot to add Small Eyes and BTS

I haven't seen Red Bellies in years but I know they are around!

Rosenberg Goannas, Cunningham Skinks, Blue Tongues, Pink-tailed worm skinks, Grassland Earless Dragon, Red-Bellied Blacks, Copperheads, Browns, Tiger snakes and a few others..

Only Weasel Skinks so far.
At my sister's house in Greensborough, her and her husband see many Eastern Blueys and have seen 4 Tigers since 2009.
They killed the Tigers, or 2 of them, since their backyard is like a big park, dense with plants (and there's a bare grassy part), and they have 2 dogs (one with bad arthritis), so they didn't want to risk it.
One time a Tiger was trying to climb into the window.

At my sister's house in Greensborough, her and her husband see many Eastern Blueys and have seen 4 Tigers since 2009.
They killed the Tigers, or 2 of them, since their backyard is like a big park, dense with plants (and there's a bare grassy part), and they have 2 dogs (one with bad arthritis), so they didn't want to risk it.

They could always call someone to come and remove it, instead of killing them.

Najanaja, just seeing 1 snake or 1 bluey would be amazing for me! Your list is my dream list. Mine isn't too bad. I live on the sunny coast and we do get a few good herps here.
Eastern water dragons are extremely common, go to Australia zoo and there are hundreds running round the place freaking out tourists :lol:
Another common lizard here is the lace monitor. I've had 1 in my garden and I saw one at noose national park and some others somewhere.
There are a few red bellys, whips and green tree snakes around. I've only seen green tree snakes though.
Frogs are extremely rare IMO. I've only seen 3 in the last 6 months.

Call your wildlife department for a local snake catcher to remove them rather than killing them

We have a lot of copperheads, tigers, whip snakes, eastern browns, blue tongues and various other skinks I haven't yet identified. I am a snake catcher here in the outer northern suburbs of Melbourne and we seem to have an unusually large number of eastern browns compared to other years.

Last edited:
I get
Coastal carpets
Red bellies
The odd death adder
Brown snakes green tree snake
Keelbacks
Rough scaled snakes
Yellow faced Whip snake
Green tree frogs
Marsh frogs
Water dragons
Bearded dragons
Tree skinks
Goannas
Burtons snake lizards
Have had the odd water snake
But yeah and ball pythons hahaha only kiddin I wish though

But u guys get the picture

Killing one animal to save another that is not how nature works technically u have moved into the snakes habitat so u are actually disrupting there natural habitat if one dog has got arthritis don't let it out side only if It needs to go to the toilet if u do see a snake don't kill it they usually go away but u have to remember u have moved into their home

Last edited:
Najanaja, just seeing 1 snake or 1 bluey would be amazing for me! Your list is my dream list. Mine isn't too bad. I live on the sunny coast and we do get a few good herps here.
Eastern water dragons are extremely common, go to Australia zoo and there are hundreds running round the place freaking out tourists :lol:
Another common lizard here is the lace monitor. I've had 1 in my garden and I saw one at noose national park and some others somewhere.
There are a few red bellys, whips and green tree snakes around. I've only seen green tree snakes though.
Frogs are extremely rare IMO. I've only seen 3 in the last 6 months.

There is heaps to see on the Sunny Coast mate! Can't go out without seeing frogs everywhere and plenty of snakes and lizards if you know where to go! Small-eyed snakes, golden crowns and keelbacks are all VERY common!

I'm very close to Warrandyte and Mullum Mullum reserve (both of which I haunt regularly). The place has plenty of tigers, blueys, jacky dragons, echidnas, kangas, the odd turtle and water dragon. Quite pleasant really :D

Blueys, dragons (beardies and water) and lots of skinks (This was in the Mortdale area - Oatley parklands). Now I live in the Sutherland shire and see the odd bluey but nothing else.

There is heaps to see on the Sunny Coast mate! Can't go out without seeing frogs everywhere and plenty of snakes and lizards if you know where to go! Small-eyed snakes, golden crowns and keelbacks are all VERY common!

:shock: Seriously? I've been on 2 hour walks in Noosa National Park at 5 in the morning and only saw 1 water skink and thats all. Ive walked at Kondalilla for an hour after rain, no frogs.
I need to go out herping with you :lol:

Where shoudl I go then Matt? Ive only seen 2 GTS's and 1 Small Eye so far. I know whipsnakes are common here, my mum has seen 2 (and got bitten by 1)
Do you generally stick to the paths at these places? Or do you walk through bush???
I'm going to Mapleton this weekend, any suggestions/tips?

I know they shouldn't kill them, I don't want them to.
By the way, they can't have the dog inside, it's a big Rottie.

This is south Gippsland area Red belly blacks, tiger snakes, copperheads, blueys, water skinks, weasel skinks, common gardens and long neck turtles. We also get(Mammalian kinds)Kangaroos, echidnas, wombats, brush tail possums, koalas and Sugar gliders which are pretty cool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back