Whats the best place

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetras

Reaction score
Whats the best place to go overseas? Holiday wise.

Ive been thinking of trying to save up enough to try and get over seas somewhere, just wondering what you all think is the best spot to go?

depends on what you like. i like fiji myself. but its not really a good time to travel overseas with our dollar so low.

There are so many awesome places to see right here in Australia ( i dont particularly like flying long distance) must have something to do with my childhood and living in all wierd and wonderful places while i was growing up.

Fiji is beautiful if you want a "lie on the beach and go swimming" kind of holiday with a few activities thrown in. Prices are pretty good and weather will be perfect in a month or two.

At the other end of the spectrum, Italy is amazing - incredible food, the best art in the world, loads of bars and pizzerias. Not cheap though!

Mexico, but only the east side (Caribbean). Great scuba diving, beaches, jungle adventure, pyramids/temples, great herping and.... some of the most amazing things come out in the summer rain. We were driving along just after it rained and I was dodging what I thought were black and red crabs on the road..as I slowed down to see them properly they were tarantulas!..most amazing thing I have ever seen.

yeah i kinda wanna go somewhere thats cheap ;) my mate went over to bali a month or so ago and he rkns that u could buy a block of land over there for about 30k aus. basically he lived like a king on about 200 bucks a day

a bit of everything. not really into the whole national park walks and watnot. dont mind the beach, but stuff like skydiving and such would be ace. just new experiences...

well a few asian countries are pretty cheap at the moment, or n.z? there have been some cheap deals going there lately. Like JessB said, fiji? you have the world at your fingertips when you have google dude. :)

yeah i kinda wanna go somewhere thats cheap ;) my mate went over to bali a month or so ago and he rkns that u could buy a block of land over there for about 30k aus. basically he lived like a king on about 200 bucks a day

The smarttraveller website still advises against all non-essential travel to Indonesia. There is a reason flights are so cheap atm, because there are pretty credible terrorist threats to tourist areas.

Asia is great, Ubud Bali or Chaing Mai Thailand, both have great food and stacks of herps and everythings cheap. I would go back to Bali today if I had the chance.

Vietnam, my parents went over there last year and cant wait to go back! They have this really awesome potent alcohol there, you only have a thimble of it and ur face starts to go numb LOL! It has a really big scorpion and a cobra in the bottle and you can refill the bottle twice with the same potency! I really want to try it! :lol: Otherwise Thailand is good too, but Vietnam was my parents favourite tho.... Got custom tailored suits made from really nice and usually expensive material for like $70 which would be well over $500 in Aus etc etc....

China's pretty good -- the only downside though was that you can't wear white, because the pollution dirties your clothes and you have to change every few hours... Some amazing scenery though, and it's dirty cheap.

Otherwise East coast Mexico -- superb and cheap.

If you want cheap avoid tahiti.
Thailand is great, has a bit of everything, shopping, beach, jungle, sunshine, good food, culture, but avoid zoo's, they are an utterly depressing experience (at least the ones we went to were)

If you like history, and historic places, Europe. We;re headed for England and Wales next month............. I love the period when Henry 8th lived, so Hampton Court Palace is on my list of places to visit, AND stonehenge!!!!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back