Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marvelfreak

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I haved my jungle 7 years now. She was about 2 when i got her. I was wondering what the longest living reptile everyone has , or has had ? And feel free to show pics. This is my girlnew pics 015.jpg:D:D

i have a bluetongue ive had for 24 years it was full grown when i found it washed up on the shore of a lake,after a massive storm

maxi2.jpg

and this is same one with its cage mate i had for 25 years before it passed away of old age

bluey1.jpg

maxi2.jpg

My jungle wiill be nine years old next week and i what to here what your oldest reptile is and how old. His their anyone with one over 20 years old?

yes i have known of a few people that have had carpets over 20 years

l had 1 adult female Northern Blue-Tongue from Darwin NT, who was born in January 1995 and l get her in May 1995, then l decided to sell her in July 2009 cause she was to rough on my males Darwin Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's during the breeding season, she only ever breed for me 2 times in 2003 and 2004, l had her for 14 years and 2 months and l do sincerely miss not having her around with me, she was a lovely Blue-Tongue to have in my home, least l know she his doing very well at her new home.

Last edited:
I have a Darwin Carpet female that I got as a hatchling 17 years ago, and a male Coastal Taipan that has just turned 11.

Heres a few . My oldest was Colin the colletts snake who just died at 29. Fang, my midget Taipan died at 22. And Nasty, a WA BHP male I have owned for 23 years and was at least 4 years old at his time of capture.

We have a Maccy female
spotheadshot.jpg
that is 17 next month. She is beautiful and looks fantastic.

Mine are just babes in the woods...so nothing for me to contribute...but..does anyone have a sliding scale for the popular reps we keep for their years v humans...eg. with dogs it is something like 7 to 1.

Mine are just babes in the woods...so nothing for me to contribute...but..does anyone have a sliding scale for the popular reps we keep for their years v humans...eg. with dogs it is something like 7 to 1.

I think the dog scale isn't very accurate, I've heard the first 3 years are exactly the same as human years, but after that with different breeds of dogs they're life span can vary a lot too. So I would say it's the same with all species of animals. The bigger dogs don't live as long as the little dogs. So I don't think there is one specific scale.

i personally know of a 15-16 year old eastern bearded dragon. i have personally seen and held this animal. any1 have anything older than this for a beardie

Here is some more photos of what was my longest kept pet Reptile in captivity, which was my beautiful female Darwin NT Phase Northern Blue-Tongue Lizard.

Last edited:
i spoke to someone who had a 17 year old beardie

yes that may well be but this reptiles age is estimated as it was confiscated by the epa or whateva and given to this person. if you see this animal you can easily understand its age. for an eastern it is huge. as big or if not bigger than some of the big centrals ive seen

wow i have heard of long lived death adders,but that is the oldest ever,anthony stimson has a 22 year old death adder

i have 2 pygmy bearded dragons that are going to turn 10 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back