Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyro

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I found this little guy today & got some pics in the hope someone can ID him.I have never seen one before so would love to know what it is.I'm in the mid Blue Mountains.Cheers:)

Attachments

• tn_DSCF1447.JPG
    tn_DSCF1447.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 115
  • tn_DSCF1454.JPG
    tn_DSCF1454.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 116
  • tn_DSCF1460.JPG
    tn_DSCF1460.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 91
  • tn_DSCF1474.JPG
    tn_DSCF1474.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 93
  • tn_DSCF1462.JPG
    tn_DSCF1462.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 93
Some more

Attachments

• tn_DSCF1464.JPG
    tn_DSCF1464.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 67
  • tn_DSCF1466.JPG
    tn_DSCF1466.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 72
  • tn_DSCF1477.JPG
    tn_DSCF1477.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 108
  • tn_DSCF1479.JPG
    tn_DSCF1479.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 83
  • tn_DSCF1481.JPG
    tn_DSCF1481.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 77
Could be but i've never seen a pink tongue higher than Springwood.

i think its a mainland she-oak skink(Cyclodomorphus michaeli)

Thanks everyone thats what my other half Trent thought too.

Being the locality it is, I think it limits it to Cyclodmorphus michaeli, which as DA GRIZ said is commonly called a She-Oak Skink.

Being the locality it is, I think it limits it to Cyclodmorphus michaeli, which as DA GRIZ said is commonly called a She-Oak Skink.

there are 3 species commonly called the she-oak skink isnt there? C. casuarinae(tasmanian she-oak skink), C. michaeli(mainland she-oak skink) and C. praealtus(alpine she-oak skink).

I'm not too sure hornet, I've never herped the areas where they occur so I haven't researched them too much. I am of the understanding they are kind of like Blue Tongues though, where Common Blue Tongues (or Mainland She-Oaks in this case) are just called "Blue Tongues" and everything else (Centralians, Westerns, Blotchies) have the extra name.

She-Oak are Cyclodomorphus same as Pink Tongues and Slender Blue Tongues, there are 3 with the common name "She Oak" though many from the genus are very similar in many ways.

This little guy was probably the friendliest lizard i've ever come across in the wild & not bitey at all.I would love to know if anyone breeds them:)

TWO FOOT?!?!?!? woah thats a big skink, do they average longer than egernia and tiliqua?
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back