whats wrong with my ball python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got it form the expo on sunday, and it hasnt been for for like weeks apparently. so i fed it 1 live rat pup

I think that is a skin worm. Here in Aus a snake will generally only get them if they are fed wild prey items. If it is a skin worm a quick trip to the vet should have it taken out easy enough.

is there anything else it would be? it doesnt move (you can only push it around like your knee cap) and its hard

i'd definitley take it to a vet then thats not normal unless its evoloving to grow a leg

I agree with Gordo - looks like a skinworm. They can form cysts who are easily removed by a vet. Alternatively it could be a small abscess which will require draining, antiseptic, and perhaps antibiotics. Both vet jobs.

And an exotic??? You sure this isn't a wind-up? If not, and you're not with an accredited zoo or similar, you're in risky territory. They're illegal.

illegal? its a normal ball python... im in canada their fine trust me lol.
amd alright thanks so much for your help everyone ! :)

is there anything else it would be? it doesnt move (you can only push it around like your knee cap) and its hard

If its hard ? then it could be a microchip .
Take the python to a vets and they will scan it and bring up info on the previous owner or breeder. etc
If its a skin worm the vet will be able to tell you exactly and advise treatment..

I think jungle freak is close,the old microchip disguised as a skin worm trick ! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back