What's your ancestory..........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grannieannie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm a 3rd generation Australian on mum's side and 4th generation on dad's side.

I have English, Irish and just a little haggis of Scottish thrown in for good luck.

Welsh on my mums side and some sorta wog on my dads :)

But I consider myself dcikhead :)

My kids have more thrown into the mix. My wife is Finnish.

Last edited:
Newtolovingsnake...I had an aboriginal cousin....one of my dad's brothers had a girlfriend who was aboriginal and they had a baby boy, but they didn't stay together. I met him once many years ago (he died sometime later)

i consider my self a redneck / bogan fisrt then Australian !! our family is Irish / scottish / english.

my ancestors were Australias worst bushrangers bigger than ned kelly !

but like Ned's family the red jackets ( english ) used to pick on the irish settlers stealing in the name of the Govenor !

just like Ned's family our family rebelled against the reds, in the end it lead two 5 policemen killed and my ancestors being

hanged at darlinghurst goal, ( victoria Barracks )

but if you read the our family history and Ned's family history some would think they were reading the same story !!!

from a history website

: The murderous Clarke brothers were worse than any other bushrangers, outdoing the notorious Ned Kelly, Ben Hall, Captain Lightning, Frank Gardiner and Thunderbolt. The Clarke and Connell gang became known as "The Bloodiest Bushrangers.

Australian Bushrangers - The Clarke Brothers | Australian Gold, History & Culture Info - Historic Gold Rush Village Mogo South Coast NSW Australia

our family is Irish / scottish / english.

My Great, Great, Great, Great ,Great Grandfather on my Fathers side was Ben Hall the bushranger. Mums side were convicts, theiving bastards the lot of them... lol.

Otherwise a mix of Irish, Scot and English. I assume thats why i love a good single malt and have red flecks in my beard.

I was reading about the Clark Brothers just lastnight...

My Great, Great, Great, Great ,Great Grandfather on my Fathers side was Ben Hall the bushranger. Mums side were convicts, theiving bastards the lot of them... lol.

Otherwise a mix of Irish, Scot and English. I assume thats why i love a good single malt and have red flecks in my beard.

Any relation to Peter Bradley?

I was out near Weddin Mtn Nat Park on Tuesday. I wish I had more time. I would have had a look around Hall's Cave.

Mostly English, my dad and his side are English whereas my mum is Australian with her Dad being Aussie and the rest english in her side. Apparently there's some Norwegian in there but the coolest thing is that I'm related to the founder of Harley Davidson so I think I'm in for a free Harley haha

My mum is Australian, my dad is Indian, although he's Zoroastrian so I have Persian ancestry.

Both sides of my family have been in NZ for about 120 or 130 years, my dad's side has owned the same farm for this whole time (it's gotten bigger!). Before that I'm Scotch on both sides for as long as we can trace back. I'm the only one in my WHOLE FAMILY to be born out of NZ haha!

well Monte - our ancestors used to ride with each other ! Ben hall was a member of the clarke Gang so was captain thunderbolt ( Fred Ward ). Frank gardiner and Ben hall were best friends and frank was the mentor to the clarkes.

it is said in our family that we still have a gun used by ben hall, who gave it frank gardiner and as such gave it to the connells( connells - Clarkes ) to use when on the run, that gun cant be proved that it was Ben halls but it Fits the period and the Gun is in pretty bad condition its froze up. can you imagine the money this gun would be worth if it could be proved to be ben Halls long arm !!

Mate, it would be worth a small fortune.

Kate Kelly's (Ned's sister) pistol was recently found in a wall cavity in a house in Western NSW I think it was.

Mum's side:
Jamacian
German
English
Australian

Dad's Side
English
(Don't know any further than dad's dad)

so my sister and i are "Halfies" as my old youth pastor use to call me...instead of 's' i put 'z' so 'is'='iz' or 'us'='uz' just how i am

well Monte - our ancestors used to ride with each other ! Ben hall was a member of the clarke Gang so was captain thunderbolt ( Fred Ward ). Frank gardiner and Ben hall were best friends and frank was the mentor to the clarkes.

it is said in our family that we still have a gun used by ben hall, who gave it frank gardiner and as such gave it to the connells( connells - Clarkes ) to use when on the run, that gun cant be proved that it was Ben halls but it Fits the period and the Gun is in pretty bad condition its froze up. can you imagine the money this gun would be worth if it could be proved to be ben Halls long arm !!

My aunty would love to get into your head about that, she is the historian of the family, flip me a PM and ill pass on her PH number to your families historian or vice versa. Its a small world.. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back