What's your ancestory..........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do I start, my family has been in australia as early convicts on one side and as some of the first free settlers on the other, tracing back through direct ancestors I have Irish, Scottish, Aboriginal, french and Spanish. Now that is a melting pot! I tell my wife that's why I'm perfect..lol..

Fathers Bavarian, mothers Scottish.

No one knows war until they've heard my parents have a discussion!!!

I'm sure their stories are horrific and also very interesting......have they ever thought of writing their experiences down and writing a book about them ???? History, how ever horrid should never be forgotten and future generations need to be able to know about what happened. I've always been very interested

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?d2xmw5

Have they ever thought of writing down their war experiences, perhaps making them into a book ??? I think these horrors should never be forgotten, future generations need to know what happened and people like your parents can be a living history, and help the world in that way. I've always been interested to read true stories of those involved with the war. My husband was a boy during the war in England and he's told me many stories of what it was like to see Nazi bombers flying over England and bombs dropping, and how his mother was very afraid. His mother was particularly afraid because she was half Jewish.

well Monte - our ancestors used to ride with each other ! Ben hall was a member of the clarke Gang so was captain thunderbolt ( Fred Ward ). Frank gardiner and Ben hall were best friends and frank was the mentor to the clarkes.

... and to think their great great great great great grandchildren now "met" each other in an online reptile forum 150 years down the road :D

Dad is Indonesian Chinese (near the border of Mongolia) and mom is Indonesian Chinese & Dutch. My husband is Norwegian + Polish and my kids are so confused with all the mix languages spoken by their parents & grandparents they're going to need counselling sometimes in the near future.

Well I'm not sure how much exactly, but I'm part (maybe half?) Aboriginal. Not that you'd ever be able to tell, I have snowy white skin and blonde hair. The only physical aboriginal traits I have are the eyes and the very thin wrists and ankles.
I've got English, Irish and Scottish (apparently I'm related to the Queen of Scotts or something?) and a little Spanish in there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back