Whats your profession? And Why?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I'm a combat engineer in the army basically among alot of other things I find bombs , and as for why ? There's alot of very personal reasons that im not gunna put up here . but I love my country and will do anything to protect her, also I love my job u get paid alot and am in the most secure job you can get and in the 4 and a bit years I've been doing it I've been paid to go to Singapore and do good will missions in the Indonesian islands and east Timor and also go to America and Canada and a few other places , there's always haters but go ahead an hate cause you will never understand what we do and why :)

Nothing to hate about people that serve and protect because they want to, without getting very much in return. You should be proud. I am proud of you and your fellow servicemen!

As for me, I've worked a few places, I've done the 3 most common jobs that everyone seems to do at some stage in life, delivered newspapers and catalouges, worked doing night-fill, and delivered pizzas ;)

Currently I'm doing wildlife spotter catcher work, removing and relocating displaced fauna from development sites throughout Australia, it's a fantastic opportunity to see places and animals you wouldn't normally see.

Your work sounds interesting. Do you actually get paid for it?

I forgot about the pizza-delivery career, which in my case lasted all of three days. It required too much coordination for me. I got lost (this was in the days before cheap GPS), delivered squashed pizzas, got short-changed and finally managed to run out of petrol. I quit before they fired me.

Its funny that no one has listed their profession as "drug dealer". With 27310 members I'm sure there'd be least one.

Its funny that no one has listed their profession as "drug dealer". With 27310 members I'm sure there'd be least one.

i know drug dealers arent known for being majorly smart on a whole, but they would have to be really really dumb to put that one up here :)

based on a cursory analysis of the murdoch press i suggest about half of us would fit that description, and the rest of us reptile keepers are likely to be either wildlife smugglers or at the very least associates of outlaw bikie gangs

Jack

If I may add to your post... we probably dabble in the occult as well :)

Cheers
Sandee :)

Nothing to hate about people that serve and protect because they want to, without getting very much in return. You should be proud. I am proud of you and your fellow servicemen!

Thank you very much :D the majority of people are proud or indifferent but there's always a few that take some half cocked news report/conspiracy theory off the internet and take it a little too far (oh and decide i should hear about the terrible imaginary things we or the government are doing lol) probs the same people that argue that they are right about facts they got off wiki roflmao...haha

And i forgot to add infinite respect for every job honestly from house wife/husband to big bang theory type people lol everyone's jobs important maybe in the bigger scheme for some people !

And for those of you who make a living working with reptiles I Hate you!! lol jokes it's just cause im jealous :D

I was fascinated with snakes and lizards since i was about 8 started keeping them around 10 and have read just about every book there is on them i love them and if i owned a mansion with 100 rooms 99 of them would be filled with reptiles :) ( i need a spare room for my folks who dont like them lol)

Your work sounds interesting. Do you actually get paid for it?

I forgot about the pizza-delivery career, which in my case lasted all of three days. It required too much coordination for me. I got lost (this was in the days before cheap GPS), delivered squashed pizzas, got short-changed and finally managed to run out of petrol. I quit before they fired me.

I do get paid for it yep, a lot of development jobs these days trigger those sort of environmental controls as part of their development approvals (but I'm no expert on the approvals process lol)

It's a good job, and a lot of the people involved i.e. tree clearers etc. seem to be getting more environmentally minded, these days spotter catchers working alongside tree clearing is becoming the norm and they take a greater interest in it, (least in my few yrs experience).

As for Pizza delivery I did it for about 2 weeks at one company, but the pay and conditions were terrible, so I went to another pizza place which was great and stayed there for 2.5yrs, I'm more surprised I didn't get an infringement notice the whole time I worked there.................

past employment if we go down that road...i did data entry and filing at an anal retentive and neurotic small business tax agent and accounting place for 2 months i found myself out of a job after i told her i was an epileptic and would never be cleared to drive. it started with reducing my hours and days then called me up and said your position is no longer available due to office restructure.

Even though i fore filled my obligation under the EEO act about informing my employer of any disability or medical condition, because it was a small business it wasn't covered under the EEO act so...and I've basically lost faith since.

most jobs require a licence these days and apparently public transport to and from just doesn't cut it.

God it HAD to go here....

Previous work:

EDIT: DAMN IF I DONT EDIT THIS OUT THEN YOU'LL ALL KNOW ME WAY TOO WELL

Last edited:
Unfortunately for you Pirate I get emails when people reply to threads so I saw it all hahahahaha

Professional Yoghurt Eater. Been working in the dairy industry for last 25 years in varying roles. Not real exciting like a jetfighter test pilot or bomb disposal expert, but pays the bills. Best thing about it- 4 days on 5 days off. great lifestyle.

Oooh, Saximus. I feel blackmail coming on...

Me too...

Im blocking you from my nude Facebook pics if you reveal my secrets Sax !

Actually come to think of it not much is going to shock you considering you've seen my behaviour UNCENSORED on FB.

ps- Dan also there's a trick where one can upload a sick photo involving all sorts of graphic high-res man-love and then tag you in the pic so it appears on top of your FB page.

Just sayin

Last edited:
lol don't worry your secrets are safe with me. Some interesting ones in there though...

Train Driver.....no cleaning, no physical work (except for climbing into the cab), don't have to deal with people, work what ever hours I want, get to play with the latest multi-million dollar trains, always get a seat and never have to give it up for anyone, free govt transport anytime, anywhere and spend most of the day doing whatever I want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back