Whats your profession? And Why?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YOUTH WORKER!!! Why??? Currently still working out WHY???

ahhh youth is wasted on the youth!!!!

Children dream of adulthood... adults dream of childhood... let's all pour a glass of wine and watch the sun set. I aim to enjoy the present ;)

Who's bringing the lemonade for the kids?

i am a doctor- work in theatre- surgery- and in drug and alcohol work. very rewarding! got into reptile keeping through a love of frogs, led to keeping geckos and snakes!
my stories about snakes laying eggs, gecko hatchlings etc keep the theatre staff endlessly entertained.

I'm a teacher. Spent 14 years in the classrom but for the last four years I've been teaching at an Environmental Education Centre. We have school groups come to us for camps. We cover environmental issues, leadership, boating, rainforest work, adventure activities etc. Pretty cool job.
I'm also an artist in my spare time.
I also do stand up (but haven't done so for a while)

I love youth work :) being able to work with kids who hae nothing and trying to re direct all of what they do have into some thing greater :D

the one reason i dropped out of Youth work at uni....i figured out why!!! its scary....dealing with kids more messed up than me and not being able to always be that person they can trust.....just remember Youth workers are relational workers not psychologists!

I could say I monitor and track arachnids in their movements through society, but that would only be a half-truth. The spiders I supervise are of the "rock" variety. I monitor their movements 24 hours a day through electonic tracking devices, and occasionally go outside the office under that bright yellow disc in the sky to get a closer look, watching from the shadows and monitoring their interactions to see if they need to be sent back to "quarantine".

Why? If we're silly enough to let 'em out, somebody has to make sure they're behaving...

I could say I monitor and track arachnids in their movements through society, but that would only be a half-truth. The spiders I supervise are of the "rock" variety. I monitor their movements 24 hours a day through electonic tracking devices, and occasionally go outside the office under that bright yellow disc in the sky to get a closer look, watching from the shadows and monitoring their interactions to see if they need to be sent back to "quarantine".

Why? If we're silly enough to let 'em out, somebody has to make sure they're behaving...

I'm going to say thankyou to this, because I'm guessing you don't get to hear it enough in your line of work. Thankyou :D

I'm a 3d modeller and compositor for an animation studio. Currently working on a bunch of web-based shorts for a line of mattel toys, but have also worked on TV commercials and some animated sequences for some poker machines. Good stuff! Used to work as a 3d artist on computer games too.

Why? Love the stuff!

I'm a 3d modeller and compositor for an animation studio. Currently working on a bunch of web-based shorts for a line of mattel toys, but have also worked on TV commercials and some animated sequences for some poker machines. Good stuff! Used to work as a 3d artist on computer games too.

Why? Love the stuff!

How do you get into that line of work Garenio? I've always loved animation, although I'd probably be better at the 2-D design stage. Used to do some tatt designs back in the day, but I much preferred doodling in random 'toons more often than not. If there's one thing I'd love to do as a career it would be working as a cartoonist/animator! Comics would be even better :D

Basically comes down to having the skills+talent to do the required work to the appropriate level of quality, having a strong portfolio to back that up, and most importantly having the right contacts!

I'm not particularly cluey on the 2d/traditional side of things, but it'll help immensely to diversify and also do 2d animation. A few of the animators on the team at the studio do 2d work, but 3d is their main workload.

Video/Film editor and Guitarist.
Why? Coz it's where my passion lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back