when to give cooled diamond pair there first feed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

COOP

Reaction score
Hi all, have cooled my diamonds for my first try at breeding. They have been cooling since mid april, and i am wondering when i should heat up there tanks and give them a feed. Had a rat thawing in their room today for my Black-headed and they were both up and about sniffing around, obviously hungry. They have been at room temp for those who want to know. Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated

Try and get a copy of "Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons". There is a good chapter about Diamonds and a table showing how to adjust their heat and UV each month for cooling. It tells how many hours of heat / UV per day and also when to warm them up and feed.

I know to introduce the Male to the females enclosure at the start of September, but am i right in thinking that i am supposed to feed the female and wait for her to shed prior to introducing them together. Is this the same for the Male. I have researched and i am getting conflicting information. I am in Sydney if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back