Where can I buy a fitting for a 24" uvb tube-either in SA or online that ships to au?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

juezz

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have looked everywhere and cant find any aussie online stores that sell them (24" 18w fitting). If I cant get any advice im going to have to go into the pet shop and spend $80 on an aquarium fitting and another $60~ on the uvb.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Bunnings or a lighting store. Try going instore or calling. Not everythingis listed online.

bunnings $20 and easy to wire up and install your self! (best to get advice from a sparky though if you are unsure)

I went into bunnings but their fittings had incorrect wattage for the reptile bulbs? What stores did you go to?

the standard one at bunnings should do the trick , i use them all the time , maybe you have to change the starter to a lower wattage ? but pretty sure they are usually 18-36 or 40 watt as a standard starter

Why don't you go to Reptile City which is located along Beach Road, Christies Beach, phone:81861951, Michel or Jason, can help you out for what ever you are looking for thats if you are in Adelaide metro good luck.

All you really need is a 24inche long Batton Holder for a UV Tube.

Thanks for the replies :) I guess i will give bunnings another try. Ill call them now and post what they say.

Why don't you go to Reptile City which is located along Beach Road, Christies Beach, phone:81861951, Michel or Jason, can help you out for what ever you are looking for thats if you are in Adelaide metro good luck.
Reptile city is a bit far away unfortunately.

The bunnings guy said that they have them! Ill go pick one up today :)

Last edited:
reptile city can get them but i were you i would go to m and m electrical or l and h and buy them. they are 55 bucks each i think and sometimes they have to order them. i got a few about 3 weeks ago. electric ballast is more. they are a little pricey cause they are an odd size. bunnings in adelaide dont sell them :(

which bunnings? are they the batterns that are 900mm long?

Last edited:
which bunnings? are they the batterns that are 900mm long?

Sorry just saw your edit. The bunnings on rundle st sai dthey had it, bu ti never got around to getting it. The poor thing is still using the reptiglo 5.0 coil :S. Although he does seem oto be healthy and hes been using it for nearly 2 weeks now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back