where can you keep better herps AUS or USA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
usa for sure, but i think its better that we cant own reptiles from all over the world. just because is something was to go wrong with someones set ups and for some insane reason had to get rid of say a copple of rectics and they happend to bread that would completly wreck out eco system not that it is perfect for cane toads and other introduced animals. i was watching a show not to long ago about all the burms in the everglades in Florada and how it is taking over. now we dont want this in australia well at least i dont.
Eddie

yeah some idiot would probably let a couple loose they would breed then they would be pests and would be all over australia although i guess i wouldnt mind going outside and seeing tons of red tail boas in my yard

Pretty subjective question.
Which ice cream is better chocolate or chocolate with marshmellows and berries.
I for one think that our slow process into morphs is a good thing
And the laws in place are a great thing.
But really who cares. Every opinion is right and wrong.
Too subjective.

The states also have a ridiculous amount of introduced pests they have wild nile monitors and brown tree snakes for **** sake. I'm pretty cool with our laws here they are there to protect our native wildlife from exotic diseases and from an invasion of introduced species.

Even though exotics are available on the black market here they cost quite a lot - reducing the likelihood of some idiot releasing their animals into the wild (like what happened with the red eared slider) and you would expect the people who own them will be a bit more diligent about how secure their enclosures are.

Australia is made for reptiles, so the risks associated with allowing exotic reptiles into the pet trade legally is quite significant.
I wont buy exotic reptiles, because firstly you often have no idea where the animals are coming from so who says your rainbow boa wasn't taken from the wild in south america and secondly in this case you wouldn't know what they are carrying in with them.

I have more respect for our native wildlife than that, just my opinion

Last edited:
So if ppl were to have anaconda's over here, what would you feed them when there fully grown?

people do have them here and burms and retics, baby goats are cheap enough and are a good feed for larger snakes.

donks

I much prefer the local wildlife to anything overseas.

Australia has enough unreal critters to keep me fascinated until the day I die...until I head overseas and start exploring other locales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back