Where did you buy your temp guns?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazii

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a temp gun, just wanting to know where you bought yours, how much, and what brand is it, thanks!!!

I bought mine through work, we sell them (refrig + aircon wholesaler). Means it is very very accurate.

Brand: CPS
Model: TMINI12

Typically around $120. but I got it for a fair bit less.

Ebay, chinese brand, under $20. Had this one for around 6 months and previous to that had another for around 18 months. Does what i need it to do.

Rick

I got mine from Ebay.
Prices range anywhere from $10 to $30.
Don't know the brand but it's a yellow model that seems to be the most popular & from what others have said in the past, pretty reliable too.

ive seen a reptile one brand temp gun for 60$ at the local petstore might have to get myself one...

Think someone mentioned Super Cheap Auto the other day and were impressed, might be worth a visit. ;)

cheers guys, went to bunnings,no luck, went to super cheap and got one there, thanks smithers!

Anybody found any with better than 2 degrees accuracy?
Will look into that one you mentioned there Disturbeddave.

yeah Dave, that one is +-2degrees accuracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Food grade are very accurate. Can find them at most hospitality stores but be prepared to pay over $100.

Raytek is the brand to get variation of + - 1 , had mine for several years , bought it on ebay USA , cost about 50 australian and about 25 to send.
You have to look through all the ads and find the best deal in regards to international postage if its offered ,often the sellers are automotive suppliers.

Somebody asked me how I got my temperatures so accurate so I told them it was a Fluke.

Jaycar electronics have a +/-1 deg one for around $90 dollars from memory.

Bought mine for $30 at a herp expo in Sydney 3 years ago. Still going strong on the same battery. Great purchase.

Bought my CPS temp gun 4 yrs ago from a heat craft store and all the fridgies use them, same battery and can't fault it in any way.

I got mine as just a for the moment one, I think when I upgrade I will b getting a bosc one, they do a temp and humidity in one gun, about $140

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back