Where to buy insects

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a central bearded dragon, and i have always gotten his food from the pet store, however my neighbors brought the wrong size cockroaches online and gave them to us, and it go me thinking why am i getting pet store insects when there's a chance that there are trust worthy suppliers and i of cause can get more insects without going to the pet shop.

So dose anyone have/know any reputable insect suppliers that can also ship
Thank you

Brians Worms ships woodies all over Australia and they’re always of high quality.

Amphibian Research Centre sells mostly crickets and fly larvae but also sell other stuff but are rarely in stock

LiveFoods has a wider variety of feeders to choose from but are slightly pricier than the previous options. Still cheaper than pet stores lmao

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brians Worms ships woodies all over Australia and they’re always of high quality.

Amphibian Research Centre sells mostly crickets and fly larvae but also sell other stuff but are rarely in stock

LiveFoods has a wider variety of feeders to choose from but are slightly pricier than the previous options. Still cheaper than pet stores lmao

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy from Brian and Biosupplies are also a good source

Thank you both, i'll check out each site, you've been very helpful

Livefoods (QLD) are very good (discounts for bulk). I don't like BSFL shipped in bags full of dirt (tedious separating them from the dirt).

Biosupplies (Sydney) are excellent and very fast.

Frog Arcade (Melbourne) can be OK but lately their crickets have been not so good ( 1/3 size up ( heavy die offs enroute , deseased (many turning red when dead)) , and their login is a PITA ( have to click lots of often very blurry images of cars, bikes, firehydrants, buses, lights, crossings ) , this is very annoying.
They have housefly maggots and blowfly maggots , but no BSFL and don't seem interested in stocking them.

Last edited:
Livefoods (QLD) are very good (discounts for bulk). I don't like BSFL shipped in bags full of dirt (tedious separating them from the dirt).

Biosupplies (Sydney) are excellent and very fast.

Frog Arcade (Melbourne) can be OK but lately their crickets have been no so good, their login is a PINA ( have to click lots of often very blurry images of cars, bikes, firehydrants, buses, lights, crossings).
They have housefly maggots and blowfly maggots , but no BSFL and don't seem interested in stocking them.
Thank you so much for replying, I'll give a look at all the people/sites that you recommended.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back