Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

indicus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I havent seen any gecko's for a longtime, here's a few cute shots....love taking them :roll: :wink:

Great pics indicus! I'd love to get some wheeleri also

Here's some of my thicktails...

84307lightermilii-med.JPG

The lighter hatchling is a hypo

84307goodpichypohatchie-med.JPG

hypo hatchling - belly full of crickets :p

RE: Where

OMG!! That Knobbie is the cutest little guy in the world :D

Where's everyones gecko's?

:D well mine is on my shoulder....as a tattoo.. :wink: Daavid uses the picture of my tattoo as his avatar. I absolutely LOVE Geckoes! My rego plate is 'Geckos', my wheel cover on the back of my vehicle is the picture of my tattoo, our son in Canada sent me a steering wheel cover with Geckos running around it as a Xmas gift...

The pix you guys have put up are sooo adorable!

Cheers, Judy

Nice thicktails mate....i was asked about that gecko, and it sure does look odd to say the least, is it still the same colour?......
I know what you mean Shimarah, knobbies are my favourite gecko's....very funny to watch, especially how they hunt, almost cat-like pouncing on their prey tail wiggling around in the air...crazy stuff :lol: ....i offten say it's the best way to get the girls into the herps, show them your knobbie :shock: :lol:....no seriously, they love'em.

Your a ledgend Judy,....good-on-ya

Thanx Indicus! :D Here are a couple of pix of my tattoo... although quite a few of you have seen it in real life at APS gatherings etc :wink:

indicus,

Is that first one under a UV light? It looks amazing.

I was thinking about getting a BT next - but not anymore... Fantastic.

How do they compair to beardies? Do they get stressed easily, how do they go as far as handling? are they high maintenance? ( cause I already have one of those - woops sorry honey :) )

:D , love the tat mate, i'd sure like to own that species.....
Not under a U.V, mate...just getting the hang of the close-ups....Gecko's, i rarly handle, except for the photo of course....it would be easy to hurt them; imagine a knobtail without a tail?, what goods a knobbie without his knob? :) ....Easy to keep mate, feed roachs, crickets every second day or so. Be carefull not to feed juv's to large a prey item... mist spray lightly each evening.....a-bit of reading mate, and you wont have a problem....you'll get alot of joy out of them....

Hi indicus,
Is that your wheeleri? I was'nt aware that there were any on paper anywhere! I love the big ring tailed gecko. How old is that one? I myself have a colony of knob tails. Its true what you say about the knob tails. i have three friends (all girls) who have fallen in love with my knob tails and all bought a hatchling each this season (severely reduced mates rates of course!).
-H

Thanks Womas, hows the eye on that Stropurus?.....unreal, looks insane....
Nephurus, yeah mate, not alot of wheeleri in capitivity, but i'm sure there will be in the future....The pic is of a mates; new juv's he's bred....i've been hasseling him for several years whens he going to breed them...Well he did, and i'm still hasseling :) ....supprised more people arnt into the knobbies, their great gecko's and easy to look after.......

indicus Mate they are awesome little creatures!!! Im really hoping to pick some up in the next couple of months. I saw them for the first time last month at the herp show in fairymeadow and instantly fell in love with them! I can see how the ladies like em as well :)

i want i want i once saw some while over in melb one was in a tree we were cutting down and the other in some wood we were moving ! nice creatures

Southern leaf tailed gecko (Phyllurus platurus).
Out of habitat! :eek:

Have to say geckoes are my favourite lizards,i love the knobbies they're gorgeous with that cheeky grin....i would love to have amyae as i think they're the ultimate in gex along with wheeleri and asper all similar...i love their attitude and size.Also one of the most amazing geckoes i've seen and will get eventually was the Northern Qld or Tablelands leaftail which was just dazzling,and even more special having seen it in the wild....

It'll be interesting to see how that hypo knobbie grows up...imagine albino knobbies and all the possibilities?I know they're nice as they are already but an albino thrown in would produce some wild looking animals,maybe the guys in WA will find one sooner or later :D

This is a photo i took and the expo last year, one of my favourite shots,

P1010436_17.sized.jpg

LEAFTAILS 'THE ULTIMATE'.....I LOVE'EM :mrgreen:..... :D
Heres a few more pic's...enjoy :) ...another Ringtail, a steindachneri, utilizing a discared spider burrow.....and a cropped photo of a levis... :D
Great pic's all 8) , keep'em comming........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back