Which Enclosure Material Is Best?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Since my three snakes are all babies and still fine in their click clacks, this is in no way urgent.

Just gathering as much information as I can before I actually need it : )

I've been looking into different types of enclosures for when they are bigger and just wanted to hear what others use......

Glass, wood, plastic? Or something else? Which is the one you guys have found is best for your snakes?

Thanks! : )

Build one yourself is the best option. You can get Marine Plywood cut to size, then all you need to do do is glue, screw and seal. Get glass cut for sliding doors on tracks.

Melamine is durable, cheap enough and looks good. Lots of people have these type of enclosures.

Glass lets out too much heat, but you can always make your own enclosure out of an entertainment unit, converted etc, that's what I did.

Depends on the species I'd say, but generally I agree that melamine is the best. It's great at holding in heat if you live in cooler areas, and you can make them yourself, or buy one secondhand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back