Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
561900_3757569382324_1705639556_n.jpg

Be interesting to see when gold phase end up in Australia????
533666_10201743629657017_1172296029_n.jpg
998062_10201743626936949_1446920266_n.jpg

Lovely snakes
Make waters look pretty ordinary

Bump. Any update how, when and where these guys are going. would also love to hear the history aswell.

cheers

I'm sure you will get very little (accurate) information on the origin or history of these snakes...

Jamie

not much chop IMO! the other stuff he's got is better

This will be an interesting thread as it this story develops.......ie origin/history/2 males/amnesty (cough cough) etc etc......

Either way, very cool and I love em, look forward to them being bred in numbers quite soon by the looks.......

these animals have nothing to do with the 2 males declared on amnesty, there was no dodgy paper work the permits were handed to the owner by NPWS, their here legally

these animals have nothing to do with the 2 males declared on amnesty, there was no dodgy paper work the permits were handed to the owner by NPWS, their here legally

So the real story of how they ended up in private hands will be an interesting one
PS... they are wonderful snakes
Absolute pleasures to play with
Make top of the line water pythons look pretty ordinary

Can you confirm what state NPWS?????? awesome development if what you suggest is true.......

Make top of the line water pythons look pretty ordinary

would have to disagree, waters look fairly ordinary, so do these, "Oooo they have a white lip" honestly????

the reason they are of interest has little to do with their looks and more to do with this hobby's ability to see dollar signs from a new species into the hobby, exotic chondro and jag breeders would spit on a white lip if it was here previously for any length of time as they do with waters already!

Can you confirm what state NPWS??????

I can yes, but im not going too!! its not my story to sell

Never ceases to amaze me how this hobby snipes itself all the time, if someones not on the front row(in the know) lets throw doubts out there (in public), it didn't happen, its wild caught or its smuggled,lets just enjoy it (the reptile industry) if someone wants to treat it purely as a hobby, thats ok if someone wants to earn a buck "WHO CARES" as long as they treat their animals well...a lot of ppl playing the man and not the ball here, IMO, lets just enjoy our industry. solar 17 ~B~

I have seen and held legal paper work from two different states that prove these animals are 100% legal. Sceptics every where.

This hobby has really turned into a episode of home and away! Who cares how these white lipped pythons got here and who brought them in, if you don't like the look of them don't buy one simple as that. Personally waters are my favorite and the only reason i would want a white lip is to see how different they are from the Australian water python,but I won't be forking out the cash for a white lip until they are affordable like rough scaled pythons are now.i can wait

you guys are like a group of girls fighting over what the best barbie doll is, like them or not they are here to stay so lets not make this another long winded whine like the Jag issue, we are all in this hobby because of our love for these creatures and if they are legal then i for one am glad that they will be available to people like you and me.

the issue of price is a moot point -we all know they will be big biccies until more people breed them and the price drops just like roughies and jags. those of us that have been in the hobby for a while have seen all this before and no doubt we will see it occur time and again as more and more morphs show up ie, paradox north westerns, pibald spotteds, zebras,etc,etc. at least these are a new to the hobby and not just a color variation

Any scepticism I may show has nothing to do with whether I believe they (or any other desirable species) should or should not be in captivity. I see no reason why any species on Australian soil, in any state, territory or offshore island (and you can include the Torres Strait islands in that) should not be permitted to be collected in suitable numbers to allow introduction into the trade. Carefully (note that word) managed collection of these cryptic and elusive creatures will only take the most obvious animals, and leave many more behind. Hence I'm not making any judgement whatsoever of the individuals involved.

My comment purely relates to the "sudden" appearance of the species, and the secrecy that seems to surround the manner in which that happened. I can't recall if they've ever been found on the Australian mainland - if they were found in WA you can count them out as a pet species. We all know of (and supported) the effort and time Gavin Bedford put into his Oenpelli project, and there hasn't been an amnesty in Oz for nearly 20 years, so it is reasonable to expect that any new arrival into the hobby is cause for curiosity, that's all.

I'm always pleased when the pointless restrictions on the taking/keeping of native species are overcome to the point of allowing new species into the trade.

Jamie

If they were collected in Australia on permit that is fantastic news, these things are always hush hush until the last minute. The full story would definitely be an interesting read.

Any scepticism I may show has nothing to do with whether I believe they (or any other desirable species) should or should not be in captivity. I see no reason why any species on Australian soil, in any state, territory or offshore island (and you can include the Torres Strait islands in that) should not be permitted to be collected in suitable numbers to allow introduction into the trade. Carefully (note that word) managed collection of these cryptic and elusive creatures will only take the most obvious animals, and leave many more behind. Hence I'm not making any judgement whatsoever of the individuals involved.

My comment purely relates to the "sudden" appearance of the species, and the secrecy that seems to surround the manner in which that happened. I can't recall if they've ever been found on the Australian mainland - if they were found in WA you can count them out as a pet species. We all know of (and supported) the effort and time Gavin Bedford put into his Oenpelli project, and there hasn't been an amnesty in Oz for nearly 20 years, so it is reasonable to expect that any new arrival into the hobby is cause for curiosity, that's all.

I'm always pleased when the pointless restrictions on the taking/keeping of native species are overcome to the point of allowing new species into the trade.

Jamie

Very well summed up Jamie.........As said previously I am excited about these and their story ie collection permit.........

It would be nice to know 100%, if or how they were collected on permit... might open some doors for other species.

Pseudechis papuanis from Sabai Is. on the books. Now that would be exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back