White Lipped Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hazzard

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
You will not get them legally! There was 2 on the books in NSW declared at amnesty along time ago. On top of that they were both the same sex. This means there will be no-more anywhere unless they change the rules!

Oh and bye the way if you find 1, sell it to me and i'll give you 15K, find a pair and i'll give you 50K!

Or by some turn of magic they discover a mistake had been made sexing them previously ;) If only :(

With the amnesty conditions, they could of just banned you from breeding them anyways lol!

Or by some turn of magic they discover a mistake had been made sexing them previously ;) If only :(

With the amnesty conditions, they could of just banned you from breeding them anyways lol!

They are an Australian native so they wouldn't have been banned from breeding if they were a pair.

They are an Australian native so they wouldn't have been banned from breeding if they were a pair.

They are said to be Australian Native, but unto this day I am still yet to see any documentation or official publication that says they are infact found on Australian islands! If anyone can point me to an official collection record let me know!

However NSW must have had some evidence to put them on the general list!

If there an Australian Native, why are they BANNED:x

They are not banned in NSW, however to the letter of the LAW you can't possibly obtain them legally. First you would have to wild collect, and Second you would have to transport them through at least Qld "where they are not recognised" to get them here!

It just won't happen unless someone does it for scientific purposes like with RSP!

Hey there's an idea!

LOL Hazzard, i love science.
If collecting in the name of science is a no-go perhaps some cold blooded cloning :shock:

Torres Strait Islands is kinda dubius in its status as part of Australia, but if they are found there, its part of Australia :D
Queensland museum might have official records.

And QLD keeping permits dont have a species list like in NSW :D

LOL Hazzard, i love science.
If collecting in the name of science is a no-go perhaps some cold blooded cloning :shock:

Torres Strait Islands is kinda dubius in its status as part of Australia, but if they are found there, its part of Australia :D
Queensland museum might have official records.

And QLD keeping permits dont have a species list like in NSW :D

So if they don't have a list then it should be OK? LOL! A loophole, I love them!

The problem is even if they were going to be wild collected it would be the same case as for Oenpelli's. First you'd have to satisfy the aboriginal owners of the island and then a few governments. Even for science the paperwork would be a nightmare!

The problem is even if they were going to be wild collected it would be the same case as for Oenpelli's. First you'd have to satisfy the aboriginal owners of the island and then a few governments. Even for science the paperwork would be a nightmare!

Your not wrong!

For example Rusty Monitors collected for research (breeding) here in QLD for the most part where returned to the area they where collected from, might of been a Irwin influence there?

Some Fauna parks/Zoos here can breed and sell directly to the public in QLD now, coupled with no defined species list (that ive seen) in QLD, might have a chance.

Your not wrong!

For example Rusty Monitors collected for research (breeding) here in QLD for the most part where returned to the area they where collected from, might of been a Irwin influence there?

Some Fauna parks/Zoos here can breed and sell directly to the public in QLD now, coupled with no defined species list (that ive seen) in QLD, might have a chance.

Think I will have to get out the "good luck" pen and start grant writing! It's actually better if your in another state doing the research as they don't usually insist the founder animals are returned.

You just incorporate reproductive biology into your application and then the progeny are not allowed to be returned to the wild.

This sounds like the making of a project! Hmmmmmm

That's interesting? So the Torres Straights are totally under QLD Government control? Secondly I think if you put in your project proposal that you also will reduce it's threat from poachers by releasing it into captivity it can sometimes help. Providing they consider them to be endangered.

Still you have to find them on Australian soil first. That might be the bigger challenge!

Yeah it would be tricking no matter what, i have no idea who control of the Torres Straights.

The Varanus semiremex example also mentions they returned all animals because they are considered endangered etc etc due to over collecting in the 70's amoungst other things.

Just get them out of QLD asap ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back