Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jase75

Reaction score
It was a warm night on Friday night here in Canberra so i decided to go for a drive and see if i could find anything. I have only just moved here and one of the snakes i really wanted to find was a White Lipped Snake.I been trying to find one for years now without any luck.I went on my usual drive just out of town where i only ever see Tigers and Copperheads.I very happy when i spotted my first snake crossing the road and got out to find it was a White lipped Snake. I ended up finding 4 of them and 1 Tiger snake and 1 Copperhead all active on the road in about a hour and a half of driving.
Here is some of my pics:
White Lipped Snake (2).JPGWhite Lipped Snake (4).JPGWhite Lipped Snake (9).JPGWhite Lipped Snake (16).JPGWhite Lipped Snake (19).JPG

Also has anyone found White Lipped Snakes at night before? I had always thought they were active only during the day.

yea i havent actually found one of these before ,good find,i do love tigers better though:D

Nice find!

In the hills near Tharwa (ACT), I once found a red and an olive phase White Lipped under the same sheet of corrugated iron in a paddock full of tussock grasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back