Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitttownboy

Reaction score
What is it called when a snake is pure white and has black eyes, is this trait hereditary. Cheers james

I googled it. They look amazing!!! I sort of wish I could have one... The website I found said its co-dominant... I don't remember if I'm allowed to post links. Someone delete if it's not allowed please :) I also don't know if it's relevant since we don't have ball pythons here...

http://www.constrictors.com/Collection/BallPythons/BlackEyedLeucisticBallPython.html

rehujehu.jpg

Edit: pic went weird

Last edited:
Leucistic, they have normal coloured eyes but are all white and I think it is co-dominant.

Not my cup of tea, reminds me of intestines.......

So if It was bred back thru its father or brother would more be produced

The mode of inheritance depends on the species and the mutation. Some leucistic traits are recessive while some are dominant and some co-dominant.

Leucistic is what it is called and I used the jag thread to explain co-dominance but as someone else has pointed out that may not be the only mode of inheritance. No body has said you own a jag.

paul from uk pythons had a really nice one but yes it didn't have black eyes just normal pink/albino eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back