who bites more, girls or boys?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

who bites more?

• Boys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Girls

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 50/50

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick666

Reaction score
I don't have any boys that bite, but two of my girls are savage, they are both Jungles.

Neither, it’s all down to the individual:)

Last edited:
I don't know the sex of either of my pythons but neither have ever bitten me but when it comes to turtles.. well... males are placid as, the females are ALWAYS out to grab you if they can. Have been bitten by all my females many times, never by the males. The females are much bigger too so it hurts.

I doubt there is any difference.

when it comes to turtles.. well... males are placid as, the females are ALWAYS out to grab you if they can. Have been bitten by all my females many times, never by the males. The females are much bigger too so it hurts.

Some are probably big enough to actually cause some damage too. Not sure if they can, but I would have thought a large saw shell/snapping turtle would have a fair chance of taking a finger as a snack.

I doubt there is any difference.

Some are probably big enough to actually cause some damage too. Not sure if they can, but I would have thought a large saw shell/snapping turtle would have a fair chance of taking a finger as a snack.
Thankfully snappers, whilst they have the equipment to do that job, are fairly docile. The bitiest turtles are in the Emydura complex and some of the smallest like Macleays and Painted's are the most aggro... whilst small, if they get you somewhere like on the webbing between thumb and index finger, it hurts and bleeds.

Who gets bit by a turtle. Lol, never been close to being bitten.

Only ever been bitten by my coastal because I left food on his tank for too long so he went crazy and attacked everything

Only ever been bitten by my coastal because I left food on his tank for too long so he went crazy and attacked everything
You don't handle many turtles obviously. Only ever been bitten once by a snake ever.

You don't handle many turtles obviously. Only ever been bitten once by a snake ever.
I handle enough to know how to not get bit, they aren’t the hardest to avoid if you hold them like a hamburger

I have had a few, no blood and all feeding bites. Went very close to having a big saw shell try to eat one of my toes, I think that could have made a mess.

I have had a few, no blood and all feeding bites. Went very close to having a big saw shell try to eat one of my toes, I think that could have made a mess.
I can understand snapping turtles or something that lay under water and crack you, but I don’t know how one that you have visual of could bite you unless you find it too late

I handle enough to know how to not get bit, they aren’t the hardest to avoid if you hold them like a hamburger
The problem isn't holding turtles it's getting a grab on them in open water. Easy to get bitten. Turtles are extremely agile in water and can maneuver unbelievably well. Picking them up off the road yeah fair enough easy to avoid, diving with turtles, easy to get hammered, have been bitten on the neck by a saw-shell. Good times. Easy to avoid the pointy end of snakes hence why I've only been bitten once.
[doublepost=1523264762,1523264255][/doublepost]@cris here's the 30cm female Myuchelys latisternum that nailed me on the neck under my chin in the Mary. Bled like a stuck pig.
7c46c27a.jpg

Here's a 40cm Southern Snapper I'd never want to be bitten by. LOL
7574-20130316_170753.jpg

The problem isn't holding turtles it's getting a grab on them in open water. Easy to get bitten. Turtles are extremely agile in water and can maneuver unbelievably well. Picking them up off the road yeah fair enough easy to avoid, diving with turtles, easy to get hammered, have been bitten on the neck by a saw-shell. Good times. Easy to avoid the pointy end of snakes hence why I've only been bitten once.
[doublepost=1523264762,1523264255][/doublepost]@cris here's the 30cm female Myuchelys latisternum that nailed me on the neck under my chin in the Mary. Bled like a stuck pig.
View attachment 323767

Here's a 40cm Southern Snapper I'd never want to be bitten by. LOL
View attachment 323768
Thats a hell of a turtle!! To be honest i didnt really know we had such turtles here ( excuse my ignorance Haha)
[doublepost=1523305631][/doublepost]Looks like it would have a decent bite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back