Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
at a good spot jase, I'm sure there's a lot more people who'd like to know as well.

I saw them in the bush, and then I saw them in cages.

Oh thats awesome, best u dont tell any1 that spot. Did u get any pics?

The GTP was found by me and my mate in a class room. But it was probley someones ex pet.

So, what was the story behind the GTP you found in the classroom and what happened with it afterwards?

Photos?? Everyone has camera phones these days.

Don't mean to be harsh, but these are pretty big claims. Ok, you are only 12, but no need for tall stories. :?

just wondering when you saw a tiger snake in the wild, did it chase you.

so far i have seen 3 eastern browns, 2 eastern small-eyed snakes, a few dead Red-bellied blacks, a coastal carpet

lol ive seen coastal diamond eastern brown Stephens banded snake bandy bandy copper head RBBS common brown tiger blind snake green tree snake brown tree snake king brown death adder and ive seen some sort of sea snake

lots heres to name a couple....browns...western and eastern(speckled and banded) and mulgas, black snakes rbbs and spotteds, tree snakes brown and green,(not gtp:p) death adders, dwarf crown snake, whip snakes, coastal and brissy carpets, small eye snake.. and im just an amature to the real herpers out there lol oh and that one day a few years ago i saw the odd king cobra running around hahah:lol:

Photoed the following
Ramaphotyphlops proximus
Boiga irreglaris
Dendrelaphis puntctulata
Pseudonaja textilis
Pseudechis australis
Hemiaspis signata
Pseudechis porphyriacus
Tropidechis carinatus
Cryophis nigrescens
Notechis ater
Demansia psammophis
Aspidites melancephalus
Morelia spilota

seen but not photoed
Cacophis harriettae
Hoplocephalus stephensii
Aipysurus laevis
Astrotia stokesii
Hydrophis ocellatus
Tropidonophis mairii

Very large brown snake near cullamulli ( proberly a woma)
Very large brown snake near Port Douglas( proberly an olive)
An Adder when I was in europe

I've seen:

Brown Tree Snakes
Common or Eastern Brown Snake: Funny Story (lol). I was walking got of the bus near my school and I was walking, and cut through the little bit of garden infront of the Servo, and actually walked over the brown snake curled up in the morning sun. I didn't notice until I saw it move as I had just stepped over it. Could of been interesting.

doesnt prove anything any one can go to a zoo or a reptile park. unless your got photos

The original question specifically referred to animals in the wild. I don't think anyone's out to 'prove' anything. I for one am interested in knowing just how many Australian snake species I'd be likely to see if I put in a concerted effort over my lifetime, so I'm keen to see what the upper figures for people are.

Seeing as people are now posting species lists, here's mine:

Ramphotyphlops endoterus
Antaresia maculosa
Antaresia perthensis
Antaresia stimsoni
Aspidites melanocephalus
Morelia kinghorni
Morelia spilota
Boiga irregularis
Dendrelaphis punctulatus
Stegonotus cucullatus
Tropidonophis mairii
Acanthophis antarcticus
Acanthophis wellsi
Cacophis harriettae
Cacophis squamulosus
Demansia psammophis
Demansia vestigiata
Denisonia devisi
Denisonia maculata
Furina diadema
Furina ornata
Hoplocephalus stephensii
Notechis scutatus
Pseudechis australis
Pseudechis guttatus
Pseudonaja affinis
Pseudonaja nuchalis
Pseudonaja textilis
Suta suta
Tropidechis carinatus
Vermicella annulata
Brachyurophis australis
Brachyurophis incinctus
Cryptophis boschmai
Cryptophis nigrescens
Parasuta dwyeri

The following three are dodgy, but I'll tick them anyway:
Pseudechis porphyriacus - from a distance, no pics.
Simoselaps littoralis - tail end disappearing into sand - no pics.
Hemiaspis signata - just been hit by a car.

Plus there are a couple of others that I've never been able to ID with 100% certainty.

If anyone's interested in birding/herping/twitching/snitching ("snake-twitching"), I highly recommend a book called 'The Big Twitch'. It's about one man's quest to see more birds in one year that anyone else in Australia. In addition to being a fascinating insight into the birding world (and let's face it, they're all stark raving mad), it's a really good read.

Stewart

Thats a really impressive list Stewart !!!! I really got to get out and do more Herping this summer !!!!

all im saying reptilesdownunder any one can say thay have seen that many snake but e.g with trouser snake saying he has seen 2 of the rarest pythons and one was in his class room in brissy

Reptile32 - so how do you propose they prove it...?

I have no doubt that the Oenpelli and GTP stories are absolute rot but perhaps questioning the integrity of the rest of the members is a little pretentious of you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back