Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
all im saying reptilesdownunder any one can say thay have seen that many snake

By your logic, there's no point in having any conversation with anyone at anytime, because they could be lying.

The point of this thread isn't to be competitive.

Stewart

species i have seen

ramphotyphlops affinis,bituberculatus,ligatus,nigrescens,proximus,wiedii
and 2 ramphotyplops species
antaresia childreni,maculosa,stimsoni
aspidites melanocephalus
liasis olivaceus
morelia amethistina
morelia spilota cheynei,metcalfei,mcdowelli,spilota
boiga irregularis
dendrelaphis punctulata
tropidonophis mairiia
acanthophis antarcticus,pyrrhus
austrelaps ramsayi
brachyurophis australis
cacophis harriettae,krefftii,squamulosus
cryptophis boschmai,nigrescens
demansia psammophis
denisonia devisi
drysdalia coronoides,rhodogaster
furina barnardi,diadema,dunmalli,ornata
hemiaspis damelii,signata
hoplocephalus bitorquatus,bungaroides,stephensii
notechis scutatus
parasuta dweryi
pseudechis australis,colletti,guttatus,porphyriacus
pseudonaja modesta,nuchalis,textilis
suta punctata,suta
tropidechis carinatus
vermicella annulata
56 species

Thats a really impressive list Stewart !!!! I really got to get out and do more Herping this summer !!!!

Thanks Jase,

I'm lucky in that I get (or got) to do a lot of fieldwork through university. Volunteering on field-based research projects is a great (and cheap) way to see a lot of cool critters in some fantastic parts of Australia. Of the 39 species I listed above, 22 were seen on university or Parks and Wildlife trips.

Stewart

Diamond Pythons
Swamp Snakes
Small Eyed snakes
Masters Snakes
Golden Crowned Snakes
Blind Snakes
Broad Headed Snake
Tiger Snakes
Brown Snake
Red Bellied Black Snakes
Coastal Carpet Pythons
Scrub Pythons
Brown Tree Snakes
B/G Jungle Pythons
B/W Jungle Python
Water Python
Rough Scaled Snake
Keelback (roadkill)

Last edited:
One time I took some friends to a place that i used to go to in Gippsland.
Rainy miserable day, and i didnt expect to see a lot..but it cleared up, and when we got to our destination we got out of the car and i led them down a track to the river that i had been coming to for years to see wild herps and other animals.
On the way to the river we spotted two different types of skink...cant think what they were now as this happened about 14 years ago and i didnt document it..pre digi cam days..
Got to the river and a long neck turt was on a log basking, plopped into the water when it saw us..
Walked along the side of the river and, pretty much immediatly, saw two red bellies, one adult which i nearly stood on:oops:
And a yearling that was hunting amoung the small river rocks on a shallow bank.
A bit further and golden water skinks were spotted...
All this time we were hearing the plop of eastern water dragons falling into the river as we stumbled along the bank.
We actually stood on one side of the river and watched the courting and subsequent mating of two of these dragons which was an awesome thing.
I didnt have a camera.......
To me this was a great day as our time was limited, and all these animals and the easten dragon mating, were seen in the first 30 minutes of arriving at "the spot"..
Also saw wallabies, bats, wombts,assorted birdlife and a platypus...

well you can always put up pics like this one, im a earthmover so i see a few and move them out the way so there safe and not going to get killed.Black snake.jpgwich is a copper head. im not calling any one a lyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back