Who Likes Dinosaurs?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero Egernia

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I know I've been a bit slack in the art department, but here's something I whipped up. I shouldn't say that though, as this took me quite a bit of time to complete. I was initially experimenting with some new equipment, and I liked where it was going so I decided to finish it. Needless to say I learnt a fair bit.

It's in original multimedia drawing of Jurassic Park's "Velociraptor", in case if some of you didn't know. When one of my family members saw it they thought it was a lizard and I kind of died inside, thinking it must be a terrible drawing because they couldn't identify what it was supposed to be. :confused:

Velociraptor Jurassic Park by Kayla Higginson, on Flickr

Hi everyone.

I know I've been a bit slack in the art department, but here's something I whipped up. I shouldn't say that though, as this took me quite a bit of time to complete. I was initially experimenting with some new equipment, and I liked where it was going so I decided to finish it. Needless to say I learnt a fair bit.

It's in original multimedia drawing of Jurassic Park's "Velociraptor", in case if some of you didn't know. When one of my family members saw it they thought it was a lizard and I kind of died inside, thinking it must be a terrible drawing because they couldn't identify what it was supposed to be. :confused:

Velociraptor Jurassic Park by Kayla Higginson, on Flickr

Mate that’s pretty bloody good . Wish I could draw like that ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a fantastic drawing Kayla,I have been fascinated by Velociraptors ever since the first Jurassic Park.I even have a central beardie named Raptor because she gave me that stare soon after I got her.
Now we have Lacies who we call raptors because of their similar attitudes.
The eyes say it all

That is amazing! I've always wished I could draw/paint like that. The head is spot-on and that stare..:eek: it's so good! I think it may have been the shoulders, which seem to indicate an animal on four legs, hence a lizard. Aside from that, it looks so realistic and the head is perfection :D

Beautifully done Kayla, especially considering you were “initially experimenting with some new equipment, and … learnt a fair bit”. Another awesome result that further showcases your wonderful artistic talents. Thanks for sharing it.

Maybe you should be looking at a job in CGI?...

Looks better than the Jurassic world Dinosaurs ;)

Hey Kayla. Just a thought.
Do you know Ross McGibbon?
Maybe you could do something together with him? He is doing an Expo in Perth in the near future.

Beautifully done Kayla, especially considering you were “initially experimenting with some new equipment, and … learnt a fair bit”. Another awesome result that further showcases your wonderful artistic talents. Thanks for sharing it.

Maybe you should be looking at a job in CGI?...

Thanks Bluetongue1. Are you referring to computer generated imagery? If so, then probably not. I'm pretty useless at computers.

Hey Kayla. Just a thought.
Do you know Ross McGibbon?
Maybe you could do something together with him? He is doing an Expo in Perth in the near future.

I don't know him personally. He take beautiful photos though. I probably won't have enough paintings/drawings done for his expo as it takes me quite a while to complete something!

I don't know him personally. He take beautiful photos though. I probably won't have enough paintings/drawings done for his expo as it takes me quite a while to complete something!

Maybe not this one but it might be worth talking to him & building that bridge for the future.
His work is amazing and could give your career a push

Who likes dinosaurs? Me! I've been studying them for 25 years and I've got everything from a dinosaur quilt cover to dinosaur fridge magnets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back