Who would you prefer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so why should we "just give em a go" then? because they're the only "major" alternative party?
they're sexually repressive for a start, they're homophobic for a second, they're massively religiously influenced for a third.
while labor are a mess, they aren't a viable alternative in my eyes, Australian polotics are a shambled mess to be honest and there's no "good" viable alternative, it's a case of the lessor of two evils :( and the LNP is the lessor.
but we'll see after the election what the Australian people want I guess, but either way, both parties will stand up on their high chair and claim they have been given a mandate by the people do do as they wish, as if we whole heartedly back their every core belief or some rubbish (as they always have done)

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are honest Julia and her gov is just as sexually repressive, she has done nothing for people who aren't hetero. All she has done is allow for a concience vote on same sex marriage, which she knew what the outcome would be.

But i never said that i would vote for the other major party or that they were any better on issues such as those that may be closer to you and i than other people. I didn't at the last election.

I can honestly say i have never been more apathetic about Australian politics. Voter turn out will be interesting at the next election. I remember one NT election where the public were so dismayed at the nt gov that only just over half of the voting population voted.

so why should be "just give em a go" then? because they're the only "major" alternative party?
they're sexually repressive for a start, they're homophobic for a second, they're massively religiously influenced for a third.
while labor are a mess, they aren't a viable alternative in my eyes, Australian polotics are a shambled mess to be honest and there's no "good" viable alternative, it's a case of the lessor of two evils :( and the LNP is the lessor.
but we'll see after the election what the Australian people want I guess, but either way, both parties will stand up on their high chair and claim they have been given a mandate by the people do do as they wish, as if we whole heartedly back their every core belief or some rubbish (as they always have done)

If we are honest Julia and her gov is just as sexually repressive, she has done nothing for people who aren't hetero. All she has done is allow for a concience vote on same sex marriage, which she knew what the outcome would be.
well, that's the thing, SHE can't, she's the leader of the party, and as I said several times earlier, has NO POWER. what part of that don't you get? her "letting" members conscience vote is a HUGE thing. *sigh* I really wonder about the general population sometimes.
the outcome has been the correct one, now you have the liberal party (NOT their leader) wants to reverse this? gah!
I'm not sure Julia herself has even stated her opinion on gay issues
one of our huge political problems is that the two main parties usually don't let their members have a personal say, it's almost ALL party politics, a huge rumbling dictatorship of some huddled back room very wealthy people, most of whom seem to be religious.. *shudder*

But i never said that i would vote for the other major party or that they were any better on issues such as those that may be closer to you and i than other people. I didn't at the last election.

I can honestly say i have never been more apathetic about Australian politics. Voter turn out will be interesting at the next election. I remember one NT election where the public were so dismayed at the nt gov that only just over half of the voting population voted.

and I never stated you did, I simply rebutted your question with another question :D
and I agree, the political system and set up as it is, is a through shambles and leaves ill feeling at which way to turn.

well, that's the thing, SHE can't, she's the leader of the party, and as I said several times earlier, has NO POWER. what part of that don't you get? her "letting" members conscience vote is a HUGE thing. *sigh* I really wonder about the general population sometimes.
the outcome has been the correct one, now you have the liberal party (NOT their leader) wants to reverse this? gah!
I'm not sure Julia herself has even stated her opinion on gay issues
one of our huge political problems is that the two main parties usually don't let their members have a personal say, it's almost ALL party politics, a huge rumbling dictatorship of some huddled back room very wealthy people, most of whom seem to be religious.. *shudder*

and I never stated you did, I simply rebutted your question with another question :D
and I agree, the political system and set up as it is, is a through shambles and leaves ill feeling at which way to turn.

That just isn't the case. As the leader she has the power to decide what the party stance is. She CAN make the decision and has the power to tell the party which way they are to vote on certain issues.

no, you're sorely mistaken on that front, that may be how it should be, but that's not how it IS.
you've got a lot to learn about how Australian politics run.
those people in positions/portfolio's/heads of departments, the one's who were voted into their seats, have bugger all say or power on what actually happens, least of all the prime minister, it's those who fund the parties, those who control the wealth of the parties, those you never see in public light who make all the real decisions on policy.

Well, I suppose we're all just boned now. I was listening to Gillard on the radio this morning... ...I had to turn it off in case I caught idiot from hearing her.
I suppose the best we can hope for now is that we can hold on until the next election, or that she is suddenly called back to her home planet.

Screw the whole dog and pony show * Gillard & Abbott..use your imagination to guess who is who*

I voting for THE only viable, stable party left in the Australian political landscape, The Greens.

You think? Looks like he's about to cry or wet his pants to me. The whole expression just screams "I'm trying my hardest to appear thoughtful, considerate, and intelligent... but really I haven't crapped for over a month..."

Lol you're just jealous...You wish you were as alpha as him :) Abbot just DOES NOT give a **** son! He's a boss!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back