Who's still using their ancient 2G / GSM dumb mobile ? read on if your are ....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

Reaction score
Hands up all those oldies like me who have resisted buying /"upgrading" from their ancient dumb mobiles (which only do talk, text,some tiny photos, maybe limited email too that use the 2G network (or GSM)) and have been using the same old dumb mobile for yonks.

You will soon find yourself with a paperweight as Telstra and other providers are switching off the 2G network this coming 1st December.

You, like me probably recieved an SMS to this effect, bet like me, you never bothered opening it (I neversend SMS and no one I know sends SMS to my mobile (as I don't give people my mobile number (EVER or to ANYONE as my mobile is hardly ever turned on or used - is justfor emergencies)) , I can't find any evidence of the SMS Telstra sent (will havesimply deleted it immediately thinking it was either
== spam
== or a scam)

Then I saw reference to the 2G switchoff elsewhere and started checking to see if my ancient Nokia 6230 was capable of handling 3G - very time consuming task , as I couldn't find my phone's IMEI number (to enable me to check online if it was 3G capable -bummer !!!), here's the link https://www.telstra.com.au/coverage-networks/check-imei

So I was forced to do an internet search on my phone (as I was unable to find the phone's manual). Turned out it is not 3G capable.

Anyway , did you know if have a Telstra mobile and /or PrepaidSIM you are entitled to a replacement 3G capable mobile and SIM from Telstra , gohere to apply, https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/2g-switch-off

Apparently it's not a smart phone or anything flash, butit's better than nothing hey ! and how often do mega companies like Telstra givestuff away gratis ? don't miss out.

I'm laughing right now because that site doesn't seem to be mobile friendly and cannot be displayed correctly on an iPhone. :p

Also, Telstra have been doing the new phone feeling for a few years now, whereby you can trade your smartphone in for the latest model after a year into your plan without any early contact breaking fees. It's pretty great to be honest.

I worked for Telstra for many years and despite most people's hatred for them, they do actually care about customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back