Why are "US" Aussies so off our heads????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is no wonder why you do not hear from long time breeders of 20 yrs or more with all the experience that you would ever want to know.I have spoke to them & it is because of all the crap spoken on the forums.
You are lucky that some still induldge.
Exactly right!!!! WE are LUCKY that some still indulge...and they're the ones with the **** as thick as Rhino skins and still bother to post...thank God....And this is to the detriment to the hobby and all of us here! Also as fusion says, knowledge doesn't always come through years of keeping. I'm sure I can do "certain" things much more efficiently and better than my dad, who may have been doing the task twice as long as me... :) I still have many questions I want to ask on an open forum which everyone can learn from, but have to talk to people face to face and by phone who know this stuff, but are only in my personal circle of friends..I'm positive there are many in Australia and the world for that matter, that may have additional or even better and more learned and up to date information they can share, but wont, because of the arrogant and silly put downs by some on the site. We are all suffering because of this!

Michael, JW not only is a great guy, but is a gentleman and an ambassador for the Australian herp scene not unlike yourself IMO and I have purchased some animals from him recently and he made my Daughter a Queen when we were there at his establishment. You are 100% correct. But do you see him posting here???

Stop rambling on & name my spotted.

''experience'' :rolleyes::lol: its not rocket science to keep and breed snakes ,however i do think the older herpers that keep to them selfs are mostly in it for the love of the animals and not the money,which i think should be admired more then the amount of knowledge they have.

Couldn't agree more.

I agree way to many whinges in the hobby and doomsdayers thinking the sky is falling etc just cause some prices drop.

I often peruse the threads but don't comment or post much as anytime I try to post some new pics etc, the fights start over locality/hybrids etc etc (even though all my stuff is 100% purebred)

one of my last threads even got shut down because people fight online and all it had was one pic of a snake of unusual pattern.

This year I have some first time breedings going on and I realise prices have dropped but who cares, should be some nice snakes and I will get what I get for them.

j

We could always colonise New Zealand, a virgin market when it comes to snakes.

Disclaimer: apologies to our Kiwi friends but you really are the seventh state of Aus anyway.

Last edited:
I agree way to many whinges in the hobby and doomsdayers thinking the sky is falling etc just cause some prices drop.
This year I have some first time breedings going on and I realise prices have dropped but who cares, should be some nice snakes and I will get what I get for them.

But the sky is falling, the world will end when kids can buy a spotted python or carpet for the same price as a blue tounge. Maybe even have GTPs and other stuff that arnt worth enough to get robbed at gun point or promote smuggling into the country. The future is a horrible place :lol:

We could always colonise New Zealand, a virgin market when it comes to snakes.

Disclaimer: apologies to our Kiwi friends but you really are the seventh state of Aus anyway.

the electricity bills would be high!!! to blasted cold over there .Thats why theres so many of us here in Aust We be migrating back over here to reclaim our WEST ISLAND

Gen Y basically suck,
Why would you wear a scarf if its not cold?
My neck has never been cold anyway.

Hey, I'm gen Y. I don't wear scarfs, ever...
I must be an exception...
A pretty awesome exception...:lol:

I just want to be an American sooooo bad,
Americans all get along so well too.
They breed jags over there, 20 years ahead of us.
I want to be considered that far ahead of the rest of you.

I'm an oldie with a (very) thick skin (some of you may have noticed...)

Have to agree with the comments about JW - great bloke & excellent ambassador. You'd be surprised how many of the big names watch the discussions here, just to keep their fingers on the pulse. But they're not brawlers like me lol...

Jamie.

Sorry, GenY males suck.
GenY girls can wear what ever they like, the less the better i say!

Hey, I'm gen Y. I don't wear scarfs, ever...
I must be an exception...
A pretty awesome exception...:lol:

Hey leave me out of it buddy, thats 10,000 CLOSE friends and I have trouble posting letters...

And Jeez, do you kiss your mother with that mouth??

:lol:, "cement" as a figurative term matey! It seems alot of the "smart" ones I know on here are contributing, now that speaks volumes to me and "cements" my initial comment that we are a smart bunch us herpers... ;)

I do kiss my Mother with this big mouth thanks C, but only if my cold sores have cleared up...:lol:

Go for it. I am happy with what we have here in Australia and would like to think our quality can stay like it is. Aussies get along well too. Just don't agree with everything everyone says. We would be slaves if we were.

I got it Vitti and my point exactly. WE dont need or most dont want to be like that! :lol:
I know there are many US herpers that deserve the respect 100% and we can learn from them and learn what not to do from them!!!!! We are Aussies guys and the herp scene is totally different, but unfortunately this is the trend that we will follow to an extent, like in other hobbies, fashion and most general aspects in life. Like it or hate it..that is a fact unfortunately and we can only gauge things from the trends....
I have NO real solid knowledge with European herp scene, is it much different to the US?

Last edited:
Gotta love the aussie/american exchange rate at the moment!!

Oh , hang on............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back