Why do people so readily admit to owning exotics?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shea_and_ruby, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aussie-Pride

Aussie-Pride Suspended Banned

lol there all liars, so your saying that people don't sell exotics in Australia? lol

2. Manda1032

Manda1032 Very Well-Known Member

I'm saying they do... just none of the half wits that I talk to! In my experience (worked in pet stores for years) every single person that came in saying they're selling exotics never takes me up on my offer of twice the price and taking everything they have! One dude said he had up to 10 emperor scorps and wanted 50 each, he lived like a day's drive away. I offered 150 each, i'd take all and I'd drive to pick them up asap. whaddya know he's never seen again! Had another customer come in said they had access to corns and boa's etc. 100 bucks for the corns. I said I'll have 20 in all diff colours. I served him and showed him some new products in store etc. said I was dead serious, I'm no tyre kicker! Gave my number etc Yep, never saw him again either.!

3. Jason

Jason Very Well-Known Member

I get the odd PM from random members offering things. Very kind and convenient of them I think :) The money is in chameleons! massive multiple clutches and several hundred a pop.

The only illegal herp I would own is a hatchy freshy and IMO they should be on license in NSW anyway!

4. Aussie-Pride

Sorry I thought you were saying people don't sell them in Aus, as I said early in the thread as long as there's a demand for supply and money to be made someones going to supply it no matter what it is.

It was possibly because he thought you were a bit suss saying "double the price and that you would take them all" or as you said he was full of it.

lol you would be surprised at the amount of pm's I've got regarding exotics since this thread started.

Agree with ya on the freshys, one was found in western Sydney a few weeks ago behind someones bin, obviously someone has a few.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  5. saximus

saximus Almost Legendary

With people offering to sell you some? Maybe I need to start a thread about Boas ;)

6. Spike

Spike Not so new Member

Wow I never imagined them to be worth that much $$$ so people don't keep them cause there cheaper then.

7. Wookie

Wookie Well-Known Member

Hahaha, does your mate have any Boelens or Panther Chameleons :lol: ?

8. Manda1032

How could you not notice your freshy missing!
    LOL "Here Spike" It's amazing what's available in one state isn't in another. It certainly makes us Herpers re-think where we move interstate

9. Monitor_Keeper

Monitor_Keeper Suspended Banned

I also think alot of people on this site get so raging about exotics simply because they are illegal without really knowing anything else. If i kept a corn snake and did not breed or let escape and was just like any other python i see no harm. Somewhat like the steroid scene ( for keen gym peoples will know what i am talking about ) how they are illegal and that's why they are so bad lmao.

10. PythonLegs

PythonLegs Very Well-Known Member

So what do you suggest we do if we're aware of exotics being sold/bred, Fay? Nothing?

11. Aussie-Pride

lol nope people wanting and people that already have them. Maybe I should start a thread about marmosets and monkeys ;)

12. Manda1032

as long as they are well kept, I don't care. I only have a beef with mistreatment and taking from the wild!

13. Aussie-Pride

lol steroids are bad because they shrink your balls lol

14. Jason

Jason Very Well-Known Member

Well they haven't bloody contacted me. How rude :( haha

15. snakes123

snakes123 Very Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. I thought i made it clear enough that i would keep some animals.

16. FAY

FAY Guest

You can do whatever you want. I am not your parent. I personally do not know anyone who has them, but know that they are out there as I saw these animals at the vets before they were euthanised. lol

17. Monitor_Keeper

Monitor_Keeper Suspended Banned

You let me down : (, see that is an uneducated answer somewhat parallel to this topic, people are just uneducated about the matter and so just ride what is told to them such as the owning one exotic and you should be in jail ;)

18. SYNeR

SYNeR Suspended Banned

I haven't come across people with exotics.. Then again, I barely know many herpers anyway.

19. Ramsayi

Ramsayi Very Well-Known Member APS Veteran

Plenty about.If I had a dollar for every time I've been offered an exotic I would be a hundredaire.

20. Aussie-Pride

hahaha sorry to let you down if you want me to go into detail about steriods and the effects we need to start another thread. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.