Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Br8knitOFF

Reaction score
They are the absolute coolest ever.

olive3.jpg

olive4.jpg

olive6.sized.jpg

olive7.sized.jpg

olive8.sized.jpg

olive9.sized.jpg

olive11.sized.jpg

//Todd

yeah i love my olive aswell
yours is quite big.....how old is he/she

Beautiful snake :D know shouldnt post this here, but roughly how much does an olive hatchy cost (or up to a year old) and how large do they generally max out as? beautiful snakes, first time i saw one in person was when it was slung around my shoulders at billabong sanctuary for an animal handling practical :D

i paid around 500 for my olive and i am told they can grow anywhere up to 14-16 foot.....
dont quote me tho.

What a showpony!! Holding his head up for the camera, "this is my best side", Fair Dinkum!.

He is a beauty!

Thanks guys.

That's one of the reasons I love these things- he's ALWAYS doing that with his head- always headed up, and surveying his surroundings.

He was in that position for about 10 minutes, just looking around!

//Todd

the olive i saw just before christmas was 15ft,
and one at the animal sanctuary on hamilton island is 9ft at 23 months old

Stunning todd.I too am in the states,who bred him if you don't mind me asking?
Jamey

Wonderful photos, I adore the garden bed ones. :)

Olives rock !

xshadowx, If you are in Townsville Trueblue has Olives this season, otherwise we have them for $450.

Id love to get an Olive Water Python, but are they really as snappy as everyone says? Ive heard some are very placid, Only problem is i have young kids, and would like something suitable for them as well, Don't want a Childrens.

what a beautiful olive, shame theres so much else on my wanting list. :)

i love olives they are very inquisitive. carpets can be a bit of a lazey snake in comparisen.

Super- olives and waters are 2 entirely different snakes, but I have both- they are definitely my favorites in my collection.

I think many young pythons are/can be very snappy (my olive was a HELLION as a youngster), but is PURE joy now, and totally trustworthy with my kids.

An olive or a water may not be the best first snake, but both are DEFINITELY a very rewarding species to keep! I find that I handle my olive and water pair more often than any other of my snakes, including my carpets...

//Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back