Why Is My Female Frog So Aggresive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaReptileBoy

Reaction score
alright so we setup this awsome looking tank for her my male frog and my eastern water skink it has a waterfall and every thing but anyway my female keeps attacking me and my skink when ever we go into this one spot has she layed eggs there and are pretecting them or something i just cant figure it out

maybe shes really hungry or defending herself/eggs?

she not hungry cause i fed he the other day and what i mean by attacking is she jumps head first at you but shes jumping and biting my eastern water skink and hes 3 times the size she is

It sounds territorial then.
How big an enclosure are they both housed in?
Is there enough hiding spaces?
Can you re-decorate so there's places in the enclosure where they can't see each other all the time?

he cage is like 100cm by 50cm and has a water fall hides plants and everything

I'd say it's because of the eggs, pretty natural for parents of any species to protect the youngen

Frogs dont usually give two hoots regarding there eggs after they are laid unless it is a natterjack toad or a species that carry them with them. What species of frog is it? Seems like a gtf I used to own years ago that wanted to eat anything that moved in the enclosure including my hand.

probably hungry, and anything moving trigger a feeding response - like your fingers or the skink.

feed it more - everyday.

That is terrifying, how do you sleep in the same house as that savage beast! haha

I don't know a whole lot about frogs personally, but have you considered feeding daily instead of every other day as a trial to see if her behaviour changes? Or possibly housing her on her own temporarily to see if she simmers down?

Also, just out of curiosity (and I apologise if it's already been said and I missed it.. Sleep deprivation will do that..) what species of frog are we actually talking about here?

x

EDIT

Oh, green tree frogs? Aww pics! Always had a soft spot for green tree frogs.

There is a solution to your problem. It's called "Species only tanks". But I am sure in time when the EWD is bigger that is exactly what you will have lol

EWS you mean. Skink not dragon

- - - Updated - - -

That is amazing though! I'm yet to see a frog attack a human. Must be a sight to behold.

Ahhh for some reason I thought the OP said it was a water dragon. I read the post earlier today at work but couldn't respond here untill now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back