Width of Threads out of whack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunMorelia

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
The width of the thread pages is massive!!
I find it hard to read a post where people who don't use "return" in their posts and it just keeps going.

Its not related to any Huge images being in the thread as it is happening to every thread.
If admin could check into it, that would be great.

I am running Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13 on XP Professional.

Cheers.

Sorry - we are having some trouble with older versions of Internet Explorer. I will raise this as a bug with the appropriate vendor, but the quickest way for you to get up and running would be to upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or use another browser.

Just to let you know it is doing it on the latest version of Safari too.

download internet 8 like he said. fixes everything in no time at all

lol, u shouldnt be browsing at work, u should be doin work!!!
LMAO

im hearin ya lol. its just as addictive as owning herps.
i just downloaded some torrent of a snakes docco and watched it.... there taking over my liiiiife

lol..... that's what happens!

Is that your woma in your avatar? If it is you can change your signature lol

hahaha nar, i dont get it until the end of the month... :(
but thanks for caring lol

Hahahaha...... ill be getting a pair myself this season. Can't wait.

Im like Jay, at work and doing "research"

I find it tolarable until a fix comes out.

I am also having this problem with the screen width.
Is the only option to download another browser? or are you working on fixing it?
Also, I have noticed the Quote button isnt working,. whenever I or someone else quotes another post, it just seems to leave a big gap,. but no quote?
Anyone else having this problem?

I am also having this problem with the screen width.
Is the only option to download another browser? or are you working on fixing it?
Also, I have noticed the Quote button isnt working,. whenever I or someone else quotes another post, it just seems to leave a big gap,. but no quote?
Anyone else having this problem?

No Gecko, I can quote, but I'd also like to know what our options are (Im experiencing the 'width' problem too)
Maybe everyone else can hit the return button each time they type 15 words. Do you think they'll go for that?

How funny! Turns out I can't qoute either. Your quote is right here in front of me but it disappears when I submit the thread.

Last edited:
This issue has been going on for some time now? I am still experiencing it and like Gecko says, when people have quoted a post
it just appears as a HUGE gap? I am now hitting the return button to ensure my sentences do not go on FOREVER!

Is this going to be fixed???

Can someone please provide me with some sample URLs that this is happening in? I have asked for these from people who have submitted support tickets, but haven't gotten a reply.

Adam.. it was happening with me too on my work computer and it was with all threads. the problem (I think) is I was using IE7 on my work computer.. I upgraded to IE8 today and its fine now.. I dont have the same issue at home with IE8 either so am assuming it may have been an IE7 incompatability issue since the last APS upgrade maybe?

ummm.. let me re-phrase this.. I wasnt getting any problems with IE8 before tonight.. now I am.

I have been able to replicate the issue. It wasn't on EVERY thread, but it was on a reasonable percentage, so it didn't take too long to find one.

The fix I had put in to the last version seems to have been broken by a recent change by our forum software vendor. I have re-implemented the fix, please let me know if it does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back