Width of Threads out of whack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there..... i don't wish to nag, but is anything going to be doen about this?

I am still having to spend ages scrolling back and forth across the screen to read just one line........

then the next....... then the next...... etc etc.

It takes ages just to read one page.

I have tried to replicate this on multiple PCs and I can't get it to happen.

Please supply me with the following details

- Exact Internet Explorer Version Number
- Exact Operating System Version
- Any toolbars or browser addons you have installed
- 1 Example URL of where it is happening

For the operating system - is it Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7?

Also, just to confirm, have you cleared all your cookies/cache?

Mines vista and il clear them this arvo when I'm on laptop not iPhone
Thanx
Bugger - my test bed is XP. I will put IE7 on there regardless and see if I can replicate the issue.

I definately think it must be some sort of caching of old stylesheets - this is what I got after I logged in with IE7 on XP.

ie7.jpg

Yeh im gonna get rid of cookies this Arvo lol I'm a bit overdue For one haha il let u know how I go mate
Cheers Shaye

Hi Adam,

I have cleared all cookies etc from my comp and done this a few times now. This happens to EVERY thread where is is just so wide (you can not even use the scroll bar on the bottom of the page as it is SOOOOOO wide it jumps too much! You have to use the arrow keys.) Quotes do not work as mentioned before. It is getting really really frustrating :(

I too have had this issue on many different PCs including PCs that have never been to this site before.
However every PC that is having this issue with IE 8 doesnt suffer from the CSS errors in FireFox.
eg. Thread: http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/community-41/width-threads-whack-139980/page/5 is screwed in IE but perfect in IE.
IE 8.0.6001.18702
OS. XP Pro, 7 Pro, 7 Ultimate, SBS2003

Screen shot showing the same thread in the different browsers on the same PC (joys of multiple monitors). http://www.ipdaily.net/snake/ASR-issue.JPG

IE 7.0.5730.13
XP Pro SP3

Seems to not only effect width of threads but also quotes.
They appear to make the poster's post longer.

Since my work will not upgrade my IE after complaing that "work related forums" are not appearing properly,
I have been using notepad to copy and paste the text into to read it if there is alot to read.

I'm glad its not just me experiencing this. It's getting really frustrating :(

I agree guys, but until I can get the issue to happen at my end, I can't fix it!

As you can see, I have gone and installed IE7 on XP and I still can't get it to happen.

Anyone else having problems with the forum pages actually disappearing altogether? :/
It's happened twice in the last two days. I click on a thread and all I can see it the title of it - the rest of it ceases to exist! And then I just have to wait it out until it stops?
I dunno. It's weirddd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back