Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there Saturday morning, still don't know about Sunday tho'.

I just went down to help set up Sydney Wildlifes stand. It looks great down there. Hardly anything has been done but they will be working late into the night and tomorrow should be amazing.
I'll be there on Sunday to have a look round.
Anthony and crew look totally wired. The enclosures are super simple. I am amazed I didnt think of it before. now I know want to do with all that perspex I have.

Hi, Just got home from setting up my display cages, and as Peter said. Its looking amazing indeed. Anthonys reptile enclosures for the animals are simply built, but huge. The animals will look great in them.

When i left they still had heaps to do, so I imagine they will be working long into the night. They are having heaps of trouble with the large Croc tank and I think they will be lucky if they can get it working properly by tomorrow. Oh well theres still heaps to see even if the croc doesn't make it. I beleive there is a strange 5 metre NT Python going to be there as well. I can't wait for that one as I have never ever seen one of these. I have my camera ready allready.

See you all there tomorrow.

i hate living in vic wish i could have gone to this meeting would have been great to go. make sure we see every photo anyone takes so we can get jealous.

When i left they still had heaps to do, so I imagine they will be working long into the night.
Yep Bob, you weren't wrong there still working at midnight to get all up and running and back before 7am this morning to finish it off. Those through the door right on 10 am would have noticed a few of us running around frantically getting animals in place etc. but things couldn't have run smoother once the public were allowed in.
The croc exhibit has finally been sorted out, I think everyone was a bit shocked at the size of the animal lurking in that enclosure!
Anyone undecided about going, all I can say is do yourself a favour and go, you'll see some animals there that you may never see again. Anthony and the team from Wild Expo have done a fantastic job getting this expo together so definately make the effort to get along and check it out.

I went to the expo and it was really good!! I loved it all the way, I also had a fun time. If no one goes they are missing out on a good and interesting time!!

Shaun

I agree Shaun. I enjoyed it. Heaps of people I know were there and Im sure if Id asked a lot more would have identified themselves.
Its got a way to go yet but this was the first year. I dont think they made their money back but enough to make Anthony think about trying again next year. He needs a big sponsor though.

Just got back from the expo....again......twice in two days.

For those who attended the Expo in Sydney this weekend, I created an album for you to upload your pics if you wish.

It's under APS Gatherings in the Photo Gallery.

There are two sub-albums - Reptiles and People. If any of your photos don't fit either of those categories, just upload them to the top level of "Wildlife Spectacular - Darling Harbour Sep 2004".

And just in case you get lost - go here : http://www.aussiepythons.com/module...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php and go into the first album.

Went to the expo yesterday and it was great! :p Unfortunately, I had to leave early and couldn't go at all today, but the few hours I was there was well worht the entrance fee. Highlights (for me) would have to be the albino Olive Python and the Oenpelli. Didn't see the croc (just a dark shadow in the water), but I did see the Thorny Devils and Bigguy's weird Blackheaded python.

A lot of stands: Mike Swan Books had me drooling, :D several people who build enclosures and incubators, Canberra Exotic Pets (bought a plastic tree stump, very large, for only $20 - Bryony bought all the rest), NPWS, Alice Springs Desert Park (with the Thorny Devils), Bullo Creek Station in the NT, Australian Native Bee Society, Mini Beasts, Australian Geographic, Australian Museum etc.

The only thing I didn't like was that somebody had some Land mullets in a large display that was a sandy/desert environment - that was a tad disappointing. :(

Met a few APS people I hadn't met before, namely Dobermanmick and Snakegirl, Bigguy, and Artie, who introduced himself after recognising Bryony from her photos! Also caught up with Marshall Black from the Territory Wildlife Park (he's the one who brought down the Oenpelli) and Steve Jackson from NSW Dept of Agriculture. :)

Overall, well worth it, and I hope they do an Expo in the other capital cities so the rest of APS can get along to it!

:p

Hix

I went yesterday. Unfortunately I was too hungover to make breakfast. :(
I really enjoyed it although I was a little lost with my headache and it's setup. I liked the diamond python that the black lines that ran the length of its body. Quite unusual.
But my definate faves were the molochs and the little freshies. They were saying that they were pygmys and that they were full grown. I've never heard of that before. Has any one else?

Yeah, I saw that Chewy. I haven't heard it before, but I think it's something that should be followed up. Maybe one of our NT members have heard of it, the Pygmy Freshwater Crocodile?

Baritji?

:p
Hix

They are actually a new species waiting to be classed. Aparently they have been breading them for a while and that is as big as they grow. They will be selling for about $1000 a hatchie.

I think the expo was great, and the conference was good as well. Unfortunately with the conference a couple of the more popular speaches were cut short (pyhtons and varanids).

They are actually a new species waiting to be classed. Aparently they have been breading them for a while and that is as big as they grow. They will be selling for about $1000 a hatchie.
What IS the adult size of these animals ?

About 3ft Phil...they have permits to catch them now and establish breeding colonies themselves and to sell them for private trade because Cane Toads are wiping out areas near them and haven't been described yet.

Simon Archibald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back