Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have put up a heap in animals Bryony.
I have also just finished putting 15 piccies in the ppl folder.
Go check em out.

hey springherp, hugsta, dobermanmick and snakegirl............
when are you going to put up the pics?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Some of us have to work Bry :)

And play with new snakes I will try to get some up tonight

Has the gas subsided Dobey, I hope so for your sake....LMAO

LOL, don't save me any, I have enough to deal with here as it is.....LOL

im definetly going next year if they are going to have it again!!! does anyone know if they made enough money for it to happen again???

Simon_Archibald said:
peterescue said:
If your referring to the original ad on Herptrader

I'm not referring to that. There was an advertisment sign displayed with the Olives.
Simon Archibald

Its a bit confusing as he had them advertised recently with prices per pair or as singles. I couldnt see $250k there somehow. This sign was on the olive enclosure at the xpo?.

Peter, the Albino Olives are for sale at $50,000 per pair. The $250,000 quote on the cage was for the whole Albino Olive breeding program, including all eggs currently in the incubator

Do you know why he seems so keen on selling them bigguy??

The whole collection constantly seems to come up for sale but for obviously way too much or else they would have been sold.

Do you think that is a reasonable price? Is there a big market for them?

No, I do not beleive that it is a good price in Australia. The market is too limited, and you would never get your money back.

However, if it was for sale at that price in the USA then it definately would be worth it

Ah! I see. Thanks Bigguy. He cant seem to settle on a price that stands for any period of time.

Apparently some of the animals meet the criteria for export to certain institutions overseas(second and thrid generation captive bred etc.) so they may appear overseas. On one hand I'd love to see them in Australian collections but at that price no way!
There have been hets available from time to time so there's a good chance that some will become available, hopefully at a more realistic price.

A more realistic price is what they need to be bred succesfully out here. Ppl will then be able to afford them and then they will become succesful by the amount of other ppl breeding them as well.

From memory Gavin said there was 60-something eggs in the incubator at the moment from this stock. There is no way anyone in Australia would pay that much money for all these snakes, because the huge price per snake they would have to sell the albinos at (which would not be all of them as some are hets) to make money back would mean nobody would buy them anyways.

Like Bob said, the market is in USA where people will buy them. People would pay good money for them here, but I can't see them being another GTP. What does everyone think? Is it likely they will command $6500+ per snake?

Simon Archibald

peterescue said:
I couldnt see $250k there somehow

It was clearly displayed on the Olive enclosure. "The entire stock comprising 2 pairs of albinos and all other genetic stock is for sale. Offers above $250K can be submitted to Gavin Bedford...yadda yadda..."

Simon Archibald

No Simon, I couldnt see them being worth $250K. Somewhat along the lines of your thoughts. There is a semblance of agreement between us here. i was trying to wade through the various permutations that Gavin has had in place to sell these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back