Wild Brown Snake Eating Pics & Other Herps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrochordus

Reaction score
Well I haven't been able to get out lately since I have gotten the Chicken Pox and have had it for two weeks, so I finally got out and it was really good day.

So I started off on my walk and straight away I found a Baby Lacie Monitor Varanus Varius laying across the track, I tried to get good pic's but it wouldn't let me get to close. Also I know there are a far few people on hear that know heaps on the this specie so I wont to know as you can see in the pictures what is up with its back it had two big lumps one at the front legs on its back and one at the back legs? Also this didn't effect it in anyway.

PB020862.jpg

PB020861.jpg

PB020856.jpg

Also saw about 10 different individual White's Skinks Egernia whitii , they were very skittish so only could get one pic of this specimen. This was the most I have every seen in this area.

PB020867.jpg

Also saw a couple of Copper- Tailed Skinks Ctenotus taeniolatus only photographed this one.

PB020878.jpg

Also on the way back I saw my first ever encounter with a snake eating in the wild, it was a Eastern Brown Snake Pseudonaja textilis and it had a Cunningham Skink Egernia cunninghami in its Grasp, it was very fascinating to watch this snake eat it's lunch and I enjoyed every moment.

PB020887.jpg

PB020892.jpg

PB020895.jpg

And Also some Habitat Shot

Enjoy Tim.

Nice copper tail shot and GREAT catch with the EB. Not often you'd get to see something like that.....once in a life time i'd say. Congrats.

great pic although the lacey looks in poor health atm perhaps just from winter months but he appears pretty thin

awesome. how lucky are you to see that!!!!

having chicken pox....not so lucky :lol:

donks

out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, where on the central coast are you?

Great pics! You have some nice shots. It is so rare to ever find a snake eating like that and then get good pics as well.

Poor little Lace Monitor does not look too good there. I wonder what caused its problem?

Regards,
David

Great pics! You have some nice shots. It is so rare to ever find a snake eating like that and then get good pics as well.

Poor little Lace Monitor does not look too good there. I wonder what caused its problem?

Regards,
David
Thanks guys for saying good things, David the amount of travelling you have done the amount of herps you have found have you ever came across a snake eating?
Yea i would really like to know what is wrong with the little Lacie.
Thanks Tim.

Great shots mate, good onya! Habitat looks a lot like where I often go, but I'm on the Sydney side of the mighty Hawkesbury.

Great shots mate, good onya! Habitat looks a lot like where I often go, but I'm on the Sydney side of the mighty Hawkesbury.
Thanks mate, Thats pritty much the habitat that i found all the herps i photography. There out and about keep looking and you will find one:)
Tim.

thats what its all about, finding stuff like that, well done, one of those things thats very rare to see. amazing pics. your photography is great!
Thanks Ryan this is one of the reason why i love Herping finding and photographing new species and studying them were they have allways been in the wild. Yea it depends i can pull out some pritty good pics it just depends on conditions, lighting...ect.
Thanks Tim.

WOW how awesome, getting to see a wild elapid eating like that!! I bet you enjoyed the moment a lot more than that skink did!!LOL
Seriously, well done. I can only aspire to get photos like that one day.

WOW how awesome, getting to see a wild elapid eating like that!! I bet you enjoyed the moment a lot more than that skink did!!LOL
Seriously, well done. I can only aspire to get photos like that one day.
Thanks Mate, A great example of survival of the fittest.
Thanks Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back