Wild Copperheads

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
These were taken at the Snowy Mountains last year. A place I regularly go to. There are normally heaps of Snowy Mountains Banjo Frogs, (Limnodynastes dumerilii fryii), this time there were dead ones all over the place, and the reason why became very apparent, the pond was over-run by Copperheads.

Last edited:
These were taken at the Snowy Mountains last year. A place I regularly go to. There are normally heaps of Snowy Mountains Banjo Frogs, (Limnodynastes dumerilii fryii), this time there were dead ones all over the place, and the reason why became very apparent, the pond was over-run by Copperheads.

What makes you think the Copperheads killed them? Wouldn't they have eaten them?? Nice pics too mate, i love Copperheads.

Just a Olympus 4 meg auto, need to save my pennies and get myself a SLR. I have to convince fran I need one. I should start taking more photo's of the kids instead I think.

What makes you think the Copperheads killed them? Wouldn't they have eaten them?? Nice pics too mate, i love Copperheads.

Nothing else would have killed them, Maybe they got away and died or the snakes couldn't help themselves. There are heaps of frogs there, they would have been hopping in front of the snakes noses.

A couple of times now i've found dead or dying blotch blueys in very close proximity to Copperheads. It looks like the snakes have bitten them only to realise that they are too big to consume.

Love the last pic of the copperhead.................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back