Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fredsnugget

Reaction score
They may not be mine but gotta love being able to go to the national park and have reptiles that comfortable with people. They made my day
P1040816.jpgP1040815.jpg

Yes I did know it was a lace, took a bit of patience to get him that close but was worth it. There were 2 but only one curious enough to come that close

Last time I fed a wild lacie ( a "semi-bells" pictured below) it decided I didn't feed it enough and went for my bare feet. To cut a long story short I ended up pinning it down with a tripod while putting my boots on, after which it hung around camp and scared off other campers :)

Attachments

• Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Goannas_LaceMonitor_BellsPhase_06.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Goannas_LaceMonitor_BellsPhase_06.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 331
  • Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Goannas_LaceMonitor_BellsPhase_07.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Goannas_LaceMonitor_BellsPhase_07.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 279
You mess with a hungry Lacie, and you got a Dreamworld Lacie!

I think Cockney is referring to the incident where a tiger at Dreamworld bit a handler.

thats not such a good thing , thats an accident just waiting to happen .

I'm not meaning to put a downer on your experience, Fred - contact with a wild animal is awesome (as long as it doesn't try to attack or eat you :)) - but I'd also be concerned about that monitor's diet. It's probably scavenging picnic food regularly if it's bold enough to come that close. Does anyone know if lacies can suffer any ill effects from eating people food?

Last edited:
well, they are his fingers and toes too loose...so what's the concern there?

Lovely photos mate :)

well, they are his fingers and toes too loose...so what's the concern there?

Lovely photos mate :)
well for one , what if a newbie see`s a pic of someone feeding a wild lacie and trys it and gets done/ bite ?
but yes your right there his fingers and its his problem if it go`s bad .

its amazing what people cop things for on aps
and its amazing how pepole comment on things they know nothing about ;) if u dont own a lacie u just dont know how fast things can go bad..

I imagine someone who can't figure out a large animal with claws/teeth is dangerous on their own, probably wouldn't listen to warning anyway, and hence seeing this photo makes no impact.
You can't live your own life based on what others might do.

well for one , what if a newbie see`s a pic of someone feeding a wild lacie and trys it and gets done/ bite ?
but yes your right there his fingers and its his problem if it go`s bad .

and its amazing how pepole comment on things they know nothing about ;) if u dont own a lacie u just dont know how fast things can go bad..

Just because someone doesn't own a lacey does not mean they don't know how fast things can go bad...

I imagine someone who can't figure out a large animal with claws/teeth is dangerous on their own, probably wouldn't listen to warning anyway, and hence seeing this photo makes no impact.
You can't live your own life based on what others might do.
im not going to get into a debate , i know first hand what damage theese things can do . this is my opinion take it anyway u wish ....

I reckon thats awsome. Great looking Lacie. Almost looks like it could blend into your thongs!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back