Wild snake with ticks!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;pEIF4CT4RWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEIF4CT4RWM[/video]

Heres the video of the snake covered in the ticks (not my video BTW)

These parasites really tick me off...

Any update on how the fella I'd doing?

Unfortunately this is the attitude a lot of people have toward snakes. Everything has its place...

Oh for sure, I don't have an issue with parasites whatsoever I was having an issue with the sheer amount on this one animal.
As I would be if someone was keeping 5 thousand cats. My problem is not the animal it's the quantity.
I've studied a heap of parasites and have always been amazed by them

i seriousy hate ticks, almost as much as i hate spiders, ticks make my skin crawl and shiver spiders just plain scare the hell out of me, i remember as a kid picking 30-40 ticks of blue tongues and shingle backs that we found around our property but nothing like that, that is seriously disgusting

I am the one who found the snake. I manage all the Campgrounds on South Stradbroke Island off the coast of the Gold Coast and arranged for it to be transported to the mainland by the Coast Guard, and for the RSPCA animal ambulance to transport it to Curumbin Wildlife Hospital. The poor snake was in an aweful way, and it looked like he/she was slithering around blind. We could not do anything else but help the poor thing. Of course we have had the horrible comments that a shovel would have been the best thing for it, because to some people if it is not covered in fur, and in their opinion warm and fuzzy, it does not deserve help. Fortuanately we don't all feel that way about our scaly friends, and I'd rather this little fellow, than an epidemic of the rat & mouse population. I have spoken to the hospital, and they are doing blood work, to see if there is any other underlying conditions. Apparently there was a combination of paralisis ticks and brown bush ticks and there was well over 100 of them. Makes you sick to think about it. I am hoping that he or she will survive and can be released back here on the island where he or she belongs.

I just registered right now so I could say this this to you, Very impressive, well done, and you are my hero for this.

This has warmed my heart to read.

Kudos and all the best from America.

Thank you

This was really horrifying for me to see, but thank you so much for being kind hearted and rescuing this animal from that infestation. Really touched a nerve for me. Wrenching!
So many people wouldn't have helped it or would have killed it. It deserved to not have to have that horribleness on it's face : (

I was interested to know how they removed the ticks, as well.

Thanks... i hope i never have to see something like that in person though!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back